The infamous holding call

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
If you think Minnesota has better skill players than Iowa State you need help. Lol that's just hilarious

I actually think you could make a case for this. ISU is better at QB and TE units, but I would give Minny an edge at RB and WR units. Their WRs are a talented talented group.

• Agree
Reactions: Lafaester54

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It's close, but I give the nod to Minnesota. You guys have better TEs, but they have better WRs and RBs.
I like Bateman and would take him over Pettway imo, but I'm not sure I'd pick anyone else on in that WR room over Jones and Milton. And at this very moment, Breece Hall is just as good if not better than their RB's. He needed a little time to figure things out, but he's extremely talented.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: CyPunch and CyTwins

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I like Bateman and would take him over Pettway imo, but I'm not sure I'd pick anyone else on in that WR room over Jones and Milton. And at this very moment, Breece Hall is just as good if not better than their RB's. He needed a little time to figure things out, but he's extremely talented.

I don’t know that it was so much figuring it out for Hall as it was trying not to overwhelm him.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I actually think you could make a case for this. ISU is better at QB and TE units, but I would give Minny an edge at RB and WR units. Their WRs are a talented talented group.
It doesn't really matter in all reality. I love our WR group and it's been really good as a unit. Minnesota's has been really good for them as well. I think there are guys on both teams that would be able to plug in and play on either team. As for the RB I think Breece Hall is the most talented out of any but doesn't have a full season of stats to back it up considering he had to get his feet underneath him and learn how to play at this level.

• Agree
Reactions: Crookedhatkid

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don’t know that it was so much figuring it out for Hall as it was trying not to overwhelm him.
Yeah it could be that as well. I think we saw similar things with David Montgomery. Breece right now seems like he has a really nice feel to the game. That spin move in the OU game was one of the smoothest I've ever seen and it being done by a true freshman is very exciting.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Yeah it could be that as well. I think we saw similar things with David Montgomery. Breece right now seems like he has a really nice feel to the game. That spin move in the OU game was one of the smoothest I've ever seen and it being done by a true freshman is very exciting.

Yeah, David didn’t get his first start until the Kansas game.

the thing that I’m most impressed with about Hall is he doesn’t look like he’s running hard.

watch old Troy Davis films, that dude always looked like he was running as hard as he possibly could every single time he took a handoff. David was the same.

Hall is so smooth, it looks like he’s going at about three quarters speed, but he runs by people. Scary good and athletic

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah, David didn’t get his first start until the Kansas game.

the thing that I’m most impressed with about Hall is he doesn’t look like he’s running hard.

watch old Troy Davis films, that dude always looked like he was running as hard as he possibly could every single time he took a handoff. David was the same.

Hall is so smooth, it looks like he’s going at about three quarters speed, but he runs by people. Scary good and athletic
Yeah Hall looks like he glides out there. I'm extremely excited to see how he progresses.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Tight End U

I was just looking into this earlier today, our TEs are putting up ridiculous stats. Kolar leads the team on TD receptions by a wide margin, along with being third in yardage. The other two TEs also have at least one TD each.

These guys are machines.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Does ISU rush the field if they ever beat the Hawks again in Ames?
If Iowa is a top 10 team and we're not favored in the game (like the 2005 game), I would have no problem rushing the field. I think the storming the field argument is a real dumb one because it's virtually impossible to control thousands of hyped up / drunk college kids.

Iowa fans have notoriously trolled Iowa State fans for the basketball game in 2015-2016 when we won on a last second shot and stormed the court, and I agree with the take that the students should not have stormed. Iowa fans should not have stormed either after beating a team that hasn't won in Kinnick in forever and a game in which they were favored in.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron