NBA: **Cyclones in the NBA and G-League, 2019-2020

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Monte had a fairly quiet game in what was an easy win for the Nuggets over Memphis (11/17). In the end this was his line: 19 MIN, 8 PTS, 3-5 FG, 1-1 3PT, 2 REB, 4 AST and 2 TO (gasp!).

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
They say you have to do one thing at an elite level to have a shot at the NBA. Well, um ...

What a stroke. The Raps destroyed the Charlotte Jordans and set a franchise record for assists. They're out-performing expectations after losing Leonard and Green. Matt had what has been sort of a routine game of late tonight: 16 MIN, 6 PTS, 2-5 FG, 2-4 FG.

Er, maybe some of you saw him set the Spanish league record in their opening ceremony last year. I think he hit 21 of 25 in his final round and another round he had 22 of 25.

The dude can shoot it.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I was going back and forth between MT's and Naz's games. Matt had a better second half, whereas Naz did most of his "damage" in the first half. However, both played very well throughout each of their games.
Really enjoyed a great sequence whereby Naz steals the ball &, at the offensive end, gets a great pass by Holiday and drains the three!

Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Naz getting some quality minutes for the Pacers tonight - nine points on 4-7 shooting in the first half.

It's funny that I heard about this looking at Toronto Raptors' writers tweets. They gave some love to the local guy.

That's great for Naz! He's been waiting for his chance. Final line for Naz in Indiana's big win over the Nets: 26 MIN, 12 PTS, 5-10 FG, 2-6 3PT, 3 REB, 3 AST, and 1 TO.

Naz with a corner 3!

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I was going back and forth between MT's and Naz's games. Matt had a better second half, whereas Naz did most of his "damage" in the first half. However, both played very well throughout each of their games.
Really enjoyed a great sequence whereby Naz steals the ball &, at the offensive end, gets a great pass by Holiday and drains the three!
Awesome that you got to see them. I'm only seeing clips. Naz was a 2-star. Matt didn't start really until Naz got injured in his (1st) senior year. They've put in a lot of blood, sweat and tears. So happy for these guys.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Awesome that you got to see them. I'm only seeing clips. Naz was a 2-star. Matt didn't start really until Naz got injured in his (1st) senior year. They've put in a lot of blood, sweat and tears. So happy for these guys.
Yeah, not too bad for a couple of "benchwarmers" (as our resident Hok trolls like to call them). It's also exciting to see MS doing well for the Bluecoats - hopefully he will get a call-up to the Sixers sometime in the near future (or find a landing spot with another NBA team).

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Yeah, not too bad for a couple of "benchwarmers" (as our resident Hok trolls like to call them). It's also exciting to see MS doing well for the Bluecoats - hopefully he will get a call-up to the Sixers sometime in the near future (or find a landing spot with another NBA team).
Yeah, they also say our guys are "shady" and "thugs". Can you imagine 2 nicer guys than Naz and Matt? Humble, approachable and dedicated to their craft. Now I have to get a Thomas/Raptors shirt to hoop in :)

IDClone

May 17, 2014
No update yet on Hawks in the NBA. Why is it taking so long. There isn't a mention of any former hawk players in the entire thread.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
They say you have to do one thing at an elite level to have a shot at the NBA. Well, um ...

What a stroke. The Raps destroyed the Charlotte Jordans and set a franchise record for assists. They're out-performing expectations after losing Leonard and Green. Matt had what has been sort of a routine game of late tonight: 16 MIN, 6 PTS, 2-5 FG, 2-4 FG.

Er, maybe some of you saw him set the Spanish league record in their opening ceremony last year. I think he hit 21 of 25 in his final round and another round he had 22 of 25.

The dude can shoot it.

Love the bench reaction.

• Agree
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I think Fred is a bad coach but great at eval and I’m not going to criticize Prohm for moving into that situation and making a Sweet 16, but what a collection of talent and work ethic we had at one point.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I think Fred is a bad coach but great at eval and I’m not going to criticize Prohm for moving into that situation and making a Sweet 16, but what a collection of talent and work ethic we had at one point.
It's a valid point. Although in just about every case, they needed at least a year of G League and/or playing overseas - Nader, Deonte, Georges, Monte, Matt - so they weren't "NBA players" when they left ISU. They had plenty of work ahead of them to refine their game. But, yeah, there were years that the Cyclones had 6 guys on their roster who would earn some NBA court time.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
3 other Cyclones dressed Monday night and 2 saw some action. Georges Niang again is the 10th man in a team that is using only 9 players and gets another DNP. The Jazz lost to the T'wolves and the other two "forwards" that got PT didn't put up very good numbers. I keep hoping that Georges will get a chance and remind them of his contributions in the playoffs last year.

OKC nearly upset the Clippers (90-88). Burton got 2 MIN and missed one shot.

Nader continues to get a chance with Diallo's injury and had a good line: 16 MIN, 8 PTS, 3-5 FG, 1-2 3PT, 1-1 FT, 3 REB, 1 STL and 1 TO. Nice drive with an and-one for Abdel:

He continues to be more effective as a slasher than a spot-up shooter when I've watched him.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY