*** Official #22 Texas VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
I think the coaches were fairly good in this game, but did a lot of questionable things at times. Hall did not get enough carries for sure. Him running wide to the right with that 3 TE set is deadly, and for some reason they completely abandoned it in the second half. Got way too cute on the 4th and 2, just bring in the heavy package and run it. Should have done that on 3rd and 4 also.

I get some of the complaints, but Hall did have 24 carries today. Personally, I don't want to see an individual running back really getting more than 25 carries a game. And frankly, after the first quarter, he wasn't all that effective. I do agree with some other posters that they should have done more to get the ball outside (on screens, pitches, etc.).

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
I get some of the complaints, but Hall did have 24 carries today. Personally, I don't want to see an individual running back really getting more than 25 carries a game. And frankly, after the first quarter, he wasn't all that effective. I do agree with some other posters that they should have done more to get the ball outside (on screens, pitches, etc.).
I was more surprised that Purdy wasn't running the ball more. I think he only had 2 carries. Breece was fantastic in the first half. It's kinda strange not seeing Nwangwu getting touches though. Is he in the doghouse for that dropped pass against ULM or something?

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
What an erotic game
giphy.gif

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Wooo. Ty UT for boneheaded offsides.

Do we have no screen packages?

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
He freaking nailed the field goal! Seems like it would have been good from at least another 10 yards back.

The look on Herman’s face when they signaled the offsides call was outstanding.

I’ve got to apologize to my family after the fit I threw when UT went up 21-20.

Taz4President

Oct 3, 2013
Austin TX
texas message board is a good read
I live in Austin. UT fans definitely have a superiority complex yet a complete lack of accountability that they’ve been mostly irrelevant for the better part of a decade despite money and recruiting advantages. I’ve lived here 20 years, they’ll never respect a program like Iowa State. Makes this victory very sweet!

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls

It’s gonna be really nice if Jirehl can get about 12 carries a game next year to take pressure off him