*** Official #22 Texas VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Love that if we're going to try to win by kicking, Purdy used 3rd down to put the ball right where the kicker wants it.

An extremely highly underrated play in that whole sequence. He took 5 steps to the left to put it in the middle.

hopefully, Connor got some love from the guy that made fun of his name during the uni game.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Man, it seems easy to coach a major football team from your computer. Manning has to go? When everyone was saying they have to RUN, Breece got stuffed for a huge loss. "Cute" plays are great when then they work for your team. It's easy to snipe about them when they don't.

And the reffing was so bad that we didn't get called for anything until well into the 3rd quarter?

Good win, Clones! The fact that we were favored to win shows you all how far we've come in competitiveness. That's a team full of 4 and 5-star recruits and we went toe-to-toe with them and outperformed them in most areas.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
I wish I could like this a million times.
giphy.gif

Dannynoonan

May 5, 2015
Yep the players were awesome today. Coaches need to watch some tape on how they approached this one

the lack of outside plays when Tejas was blitzing so much- sweeps, swing passes, or even screens- was mind boggling.
Defensively- no pressure on any of their scoring drives. You give big 12 qb 5-6 seconds to find an open receiver and your screwed.

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
I think the coaches were fairly good in this game, but did a lot of questionable things at times. Hall did not get enough carries for sure. Him running wide to the right with that 3 TE set is deadly, and for some reason they completely abandoned it in the second half. Got way too cute on the 4th and 2, just bring in the heavy package and run it. Should have done that on 3rd and 4 also.

It seems lkke the coaching staff gets a little rattled when the offense sputters and then tries to make up for lost time.
I agree Hall needed more carries, but he was getting stuffed late in the game.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
It seems lkke the coaching staff gets a little rattled when the offense sputters and then tries to make up for lost time.
He had 24, I'm sure he could handle 40 but I think 30 is the max you want to take him right now. Probably could have ran more in the second half, but we got the win and the game management at the end was really good. The coaches did some bad things but in the end they finished the right way.

Dannynoonan

May 5, 2015

qb run off halls fake, counter to another back, or wait for it...bootleg!!!

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I think the coaches were fairly good in this game, but did a lot of questionable things at times. Hall did not get enough carries for sure. Him running wide to the right with that 3 TE set is deadly, and for some reason they completely abandoned it in the second half. Got way too cute on the 4th and 2, just bring in the heavy package and run it. Should have done that on 3rd and 4 also.
Revisionist history again. Did you guys not notice how many time Breece got stuffed in the second half? Seriously? I mean, that’s some serious selective memory.

Last edited: