Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Hopefully it's just a flu bug or something with Patrick and he can make it back soon. I hate to hear of anyone not being healthy..... that sucks.

As for CJ Frederick... outside of Wieskamp, he might be the only other player on Iowa that I wish ISU had.... I do think he'll be a good one.
Not sure about CJ because we have Grill. CJ redshirted, therefore has one more year under his belt & has been given more minutes under Fran this year - but I think Grill has looked quite good in the limited minutes he's been on the court this year. I don't think I'd really take CJ over someone like Grill. The fact that we have probably recruited over another player on the current team, is another reason I would not take CJ. He may end up being the next Aaron White for Iowa - but the overall athleticism of our incoming recruits (in addition to those we already have) would make me pass on CJF.

• Creative
Reactions: casey1973

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
Not sure about CJ because we have Grill. CJ redshirted, therefore has one more year under his belt & has been given more minutes under Fran this year - but I think Grill has looked quite good in the limited minutes he's been on the court this year. I don't think I'd really take CJ over someone like Grill. The fact that we have probably recruited over another player on the current team, is another reason I would not take CJ. He may end up being the next Aaron White for Iowa - but the overall athleticism of our incoming recruits (in addition to those we already have) would make me pass on CJF.
I would also take Grill over CJ. He reminds me of Ellingson.

Last edited:

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Oh...and I actually have some evidence

3633b12b-55a1-43fe-8892-435078ea3cb8-181206-mbb_ISU-003.JPG