Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Informal poll:

So which cute thing are the Murrays going to do with their numbers? Are they going to have consecutive numbers like 32 and 33 or are they going to do the number flip where they have the same digits just in reverse order like 32 and 23.

Rating poll:
Informative for consecutive numbers
Creative for flipped numbers
Disagree if you think they won't try to get cute.
Agree if you think they will try to get cute in some other way (e.g. 0 and 00 - although I don't think you can have both on one team)

The database program underlying statistics-keeping for college basketball cannot handle "0" and "00" on the same team. It seems them as the same number. You can have one or the other on a team, but you cannot have both of them by rule.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The database program underlying statistics-keeping for college basketball cannot handle "0" and "00" on the same team. It seems them as the same number. You can have one or the other on a team, but you cannot have both of them by rule.
Yes. It was the one that popped into my head and used it as an example even though as I said it is disallowed. Other cutesy things they could do would be under the category "maths". For example one being 32 and the other 5 because 3+2=5. The numbers wouldn't make it clear until the explained why they chose them.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Informal poll:

So which cute thing are the Murrays going to do with their numbers? Are they going to have consecutive numbers like 32 and 33 or are they going to do the number flip where they have the same digits just in reverse order like 32 and 23.

Rating poll:
Informative for consecutive numbers
Creative for flipped numbers
Disagree if you think they won't try to get cute.
Agree if you think they will try to get cute in some other way (e.g. 0 and 00 - although I don't think you can have both on one team)
@dexterhawk, I'd love to get your opinion on this. ;)

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Talent issue is what I'm hearing

He was eating his pregame meal, and a grain of rice went down sideways. Scratched his throat up something fierce.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Talent issue is what I'm hearing

Is it something they think they can develop after a year of redshirting (i.e. The Nunge Plan)? Or was the scholarship given because Margaret would kick Franny to the curb had he not done so?

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Iowa is actually ahead by 12. ORU turning the ball over left and right. Nunge on fire early. The thing that kills me is how someone as slow on the block as Garza is can get so many calls that go his way. He literally got stuffed, grabbed the ball back and pushed the ball into the defender & lost it on the way up - ORU grabs the loose ball, but the ref calls a 2 SHOT FOUL! Unfreekin' believable!

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Iowa is actually ahead by 12. ORU turning the ball over left and right. Nunge on fire early. The thing that kills me is how someone as slow on the block as Garza is can get so many calls that go his way. He literally got stuffed, grabbed the ball back and pushed the ball into the defender & lost it on the way up - ORU grabs the loose ball, but the ref calls a 2 SHOT FOUL! Unfreekin' believable!
What channel are you watching?

Help Support Us

Become a patron