Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Problem solved everybody!

A near capacity CHA rocks but the issue is it’s hard to reach full capacity on a regular basis and it’s an ‘arena’ not a basketball venue.
The best move is to scrap CHA and build a reasonable 10K Fieldhouse with two decks, and decks that extend to the court on all 4 sides. The sight lines can be tight. The students occupy both ends but are up against the court not 50 feet away. What so many lose sight of is the number of seats is a bragging right only. It’s the venues ability to contain noise and make an atmosphere even under less than capacity crowds that counts most to recruits.
I’d find a strategic spot that’s either:
1. On the true campus for easy student access
OR
2. In a location conducive to fun like downtown PED mall area where it can be surrounded by existing bars & restaurants
OR
3. In a growing area with lots of space now with ability to be zoned for entertainment around it like somewhere out by the 80-380 corridor.
Build it and they will come and we will win much more. Problem solved.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/carver-ticket-season-ticket-holders.292558/#post-7079646

I mean, envelopes of cash to top prospects annually would be much cheaper than the term debt on a new arena.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Wow. This isn't surprising, Bock's evaluations are all laughable.

Jessh, that's brutal.

One little suggestion might be to not list all the guys who wouldn't give you the time of day.

Is he the new Van Coleman?

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I enjoyed their getting thumped by Depaul as much as the next guy, and I am both unsurprised and glad they are bad as they are.

But I honestly don't want them to be so obviously terrible it forces Barta's hand here.

So I'm conflicted a little.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I enjoyed their getting thumped by Depaul as much as the next guy, and I am both unsurprised and glad they are bad as they are.

But I honestly don't want them to be so obviously terrible it forces Barta's hand here.

If they were in any way serious about basketball they'd have canned him years ago.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017

As bad as this class is, it’s not that far off from Fran’s normal class. Imo they’ll still be a pesky Missouri Valley type team that will be on the bubble in peak seasons, which is good enough for that program.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
In fairness to the whole "knitting and reading" thing at CHA...

there's an elderly couple near me that does the crossword, and the lady hides under an afghan most of the game to keep warm. Although I don't think they do the crossword during the game itself. They move really slow, but they always get a Clone Cone.

Come to think about it, I hope I am them someday!

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Let's see here.... 2+2+2+5+5 = 16 no stars out of 25 possible. Hell of a recruiting job Francis!! 64% so that grades out as a D or D-, nice!!

"It's a class that includes three-star guard Ahron Ulis, three-star guard Tony Perkins, three-star center Josh Ogundele and twin brothers Keegan and Kris Murray. "

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
As bad as this class is, it’s not that far off from Fran’s normal class. Imo they’ll still be a pesky Missouri Valley type team that will be on the bubble in peak seasons, which is good enough for that program.

This wouldn't even be a good Missouri Valley recruiting class

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
This wouldn't even be a good Missouri Valley recruiting class
Hawks will be fine. They have freshman sensation CJ Fredrick. CJ mania is running wild at HR. He can shoot, penetration, and defend. He is already a serious upgrade over Moss per many Iowa fans. Has anyone actually seen him playing? Is he really that good?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
What sources did you use when you posted Foster's family was "playing" the Cyclones? I wouldn't use that source anymore.

Oh you mean when I said 110% he was coming to ISU? That source? But yeah he did play our staff over the weekend where they were sweating it

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Move on. Iowa has a great chance at Logan Duncomb and Treyton Thompson in the 2021 class. Start working towards that.

While those two do fit their typical demographic, LOL, people with multiple P5 offers, better go down the list a little bit.

That is Fran's 10 year recruiting blue print. Franny Mac will recruit those two for 3 years ignoring other fallback options, make the top 5, get the EIU fans hopes up, only to finish 4th once again and scramble into taking two MVC level players.

• Agree
Reactions: peteypie

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron