NBA: **Cyclones in the NBA and G-League, 2019-2020

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I checked and Monte currently has 41 assists in the first 11 games to go with 5 turnovers. An assist-to-turnover ratio of better than 8 to 1 would definitely get him paid after his rookie contract is up.

After a very slow start to the season in scoring, he's raised his PPG to 7.1 with 3 double-digit games in his last 5.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Chance tonight to see Georges ... cheer on the bench(?). The Jazz are on ESPN tonight at 8 ET / 7 CT against Memphis (and Ja Morant). Georges has not been getting PT so I'm going to DVR it and watch if he gets some PT. There was some criticism of Niang on the J Notes site that he's been too tentative on offense so far (I was thinking it's tough to be too aggressive when your role is to spot up in the corner and you play in 2-minute stretches).

OKC plays the 76ers and that's on my cable system so I'll watch it if Deonte or Abdel gets off the pine. Deonte had a good game in OKC's last outing so maybe they'll give him some run.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I think this season is a test for Monte...and he’s learning that every season is different and he will have to adapt. He’s doing a good job.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
It's good to see him getting some work in. I think the Lakers would've wanted him to play in the G League before he was injured but I'm sure he's even months behind where he wanted to started the season.

Good for him. Would have loved to see him play 1 more year, but good to see him on his way.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I think this season is a test for Monte...and he’s learning that every season is different and he will have to adapt. He’s doing a good job.

Hopefully Monte can get confidence in that 3 pt shot again. Defenders are giving him so much space that his pick and rolls aren't as effective and he isn't getting to his mid-range jump shot spots as well.

• Useful
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth