*** Official Northern Illinois VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I’m surprised people are still surprised by this.

edit: not trying to sound snarky. Just genuinely surprised how many people on here are still clambering for Lewis.

Maybe I'm also surprised he's still on the team. Clearly not going to get playing time. My guess is Prohm has told him what's holding him back and he's either not disciplined or not able to take that next step.

• Agree
Reactions: Dingus and BigCyFan

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Really like Bolton's craftiness. We've been missing somebody with his craftiness. If he can get himself up to even a 35% 3pt shooter he'll be all conference.

That was TH's worst game I've seen him play and definitely the worst this year. Turnovers, bad shots, etc. Glad we got the win it will be a good learning game for him. I liked his aggressiveness.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
That honestly seems pretty unfair to me. If that were truly the case then he probably would have transferred out after the end of last season.

Or, transferred before the first game once he learned after practices that there are too many better players ahead of him.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I find it odd KenPom dropped us from 16 to 15 projected wins after last night. I assume one of our future opponents must have got a nice bump.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
For the Grill lovers, he just about got crossed to the floor by a player on NIU player not named German. He has a pretty stroke, but on ball defense needs some time to catch up (Especially against big 12 play).

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
It was good to see Solo posting up aggressively on the block and really looking for the ball. Much like Nixon I don't think you necessarily want him to be the team's primary offensive option, but him being a legitimate scoring threat should help loosen things up a bit for the perimeter guys.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
For the Grill lovers, he just about got crossed to the floor by a player on NIU player not named German. He has a pretty stroke, but on ball defense needs some time to catch up (Especially against big 12 play).
The game on defense is still really fast for him, and you can tell. His effort is there, so that is all that you can ask. His lateral quickness and anticipation will progress.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Was he the defensive weakness in the first half?
No, but NIU also doesn't have any ballers outside of German. He was their offense in the first half, so whoever was guarding him automatically became the weakness in the first half.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
No, but NIU also doesn't have any ballers outside of German. He was their offense in the first half, so whoever was guarding him automatically became the weakness in the first half.
The list of players beat by guys other than German is longer than Grill.

He’s not that much behind on defense for it to cancel out the gain from his shooting. Not to mention his feel for making the right play.

greatshu

Dec 4, 2007
KS
God, I love Conditt and his presence/blocking ability. That dude improved so much since last season. Conditt really sets the defensive tone which helps other guys to focus on perimeter defense (which we lacked for so long).

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan