*** Official Northern Illinois VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Just need to play better offense. 17 points in a half from German isn't that hard to handle when the guy is taking 60% of his team's shots.

RotatingColumn

Oct 21, 2008
So what's the deal with poor FT shooting with kids these days? Not good enough for the highlight film? I don't get it. I'm old and I can shoot better than these guys.

And get off my damn lawn! Unless you can shoot free throws.. then you can walk across my lawn and ask to date my daughter.

• Funny
Reactions: khardbored

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
German is the best player on the court by far, and that’s the equalizer. He put up a 26 PER in 30% usage last season.

We’ve got to figure out a way to slow him down, and also not get killed on the boards from rotating to help on German.

On the other end, we’re just not good at shooting. It would be nice to avoid the halfcourt, but that takes rebounding.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
So what's the deal with poor FT shooting with kids these days? Not good enough for the highlight film? I don't get it. I'm old and I can shoot better than these guys.

And get off my damn lawn! Unless you can shoot free throws.. then you can walk across my lawn and ask to date my daughter.
gotta go underhand.

• Useful
Reactions: RotatingColumn

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
question is whats our identity on offense because we definitely arent a good shooting team and bombing away from 30 ft contested is not a good shot. How are we going to get drives/cuts to the basket?

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I'm into the whiskey tonight, but what do you think about posting up Tyrese? He passes opposite side so well, I think he finds the shooters or turns and drives. We need to find him ways to get in the flow of the offense.

• Agree
Reactions: mb7299

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
I'm into the whiskey tonight, but what do you think about posting up Tyrese? He passes opposite side so well, I think he finds the shooters or turns and drives. We need to find him ways to get in the flow of the offense.
Theres the problem we had THT last year and he was made for that type of set up and we rarely ever used that advantage. Tyrese would have a height advantage in those situations for sure.

• Agree
Reactions: isucyfan

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Haliburton has to to play better for the team to play better and he has to know when they need his scoring. Not really worried about German. He will get his but you can’t let them get offensive rebounds. I don’t know if the coaches don’t know how to teach rebounding or what but they struggle year after year.

• Agree
Reactions: RotatingColumn

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Solo gets absolutely abused when he tries help defense. Lateral quickness is not a strength of this team in general.
It’s more the lineup imo. We’ve got two bigs defending two SF.

Nixon, Bolton, and Jackson have good lateral quickness. Haliburton has effective quickness due to length. Zion is plenty quick if he’s playing the 4.

German is as good as we’ll see at breaking down a defender. You’ve got to respect his shot and he can get it off any time, so you’re going to be in a spot to get blown by. He also has the green light anytime, anywhere.

RotatingColumn

Oct 21, 2008
Points in the paint is 14-14. That's BS! We should be handing it to them in the paint.
Better pack it in the second half and I don't mean fudge... ur somthin.