Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
From the article

The Hawkeyes' four known verbal commitments possess an average Rivals star rating of 1.5, a reminder that highly coveted prospects haven’t been beating down the doors to come to Iowa City since the Hawkeyes’ NCAA Tournament run in March.

That brings us full circle, to the Hawkeyes’ first loss Monday, when Oskaloosa 7-footer Xavier Foster — a top-60 national recruit who grew up a Hawkeye fan, with a mom who bleeds black and gold — announced he would sign with Iowa State.

Foster’s Monday morning quote was brutally honest about how he assessed his final two choices.

“My family is Iowa fans. I’m an Iowa fan, personally,” Foster said. “But I just felt like I had a better chance at success at Iowa State.”

Ouch.

Twelve hours later, the DePaul loss became the proverbial knife twist to end a painful day.

I’ll repeat what I said last night.

there was a whole lot of reality that crashed down on their fan base last night.

just like with the year after Jok, they somehow convinced themselves that the fact that cook, and bohannon were the only guys you had to gameplan against, which made everyone else’s lives easier.

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
source.gif

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
The chances of Fran getting fired after this season are damn near zero.
He won't get fired for the W-L record, but any more childish, profane outbursts could open the door for GarBar. Even the hawk fans aren't trying to defend those anymore.

Edit @CTTB78 beat me to it.

Last edited:

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
The chances of Fran getting fired after this season are damn near zero.
It depends. If Fran has a **** season and prohm does well Barta’s immaturity will get him to move. If prohm’s Team is below average Barta will justify keep fran.

Bartas short phallus syndrome is profound relative to anything Isu.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloned

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Rooting for a coach to be fired when it's obvious you're better off without him makes you a bad fan?
rooting for the team you supposedly root for to lose is a little much for me....I could see doing that if it's a pro team. College team....sorry, just can't root against those kids because I want a coach fired.

To each his own though....

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
rooting for the team you supposedly root for to lose is a little much for me....I could see doing that if it's a pro team. College team....sorry, just can't root against those kids because I want a coach fired.

I can't fault you for that. But sometimes things have to get worse to get better.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

You know you could hire a new coach that will be better for those kids right?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron