Hawk Fan Reactions to XF Announcement

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com

My daughter teaches at Oskaloosa High School. She has had him in one of her classes. Here is, verbatim, the text she sent me a few minutes ago:

“Don’t be upset about Xavier Foster’s choice. He’s an academic nightmare, arrogant, and has next to nothing for work ethic.”

Sounds like a perfect fit for ISU.

This is not “sour grapes” from her, either. She cares nothing about sports. About a year ago I jokingly asked her to tell Foster to go to Iowa or she will flunk him. Her reply was much the same as her text.

I hope all the best for the kid, but the NBA may not be the sure thing he thinks it is.
I really do not know the academic standards for either school, but judging by the outside, it seems like ISU might help him more with that than Iowa would. Seems like Iowa would hold their players more accountable than ISU. That's just my outside observation, is there any truth to my outside view? Other than what I've observed over the years in football and basketball, it seems that Iowa holds them more accountable.

Thoughts?

sour grapes

this is stupid. it would be easy to figure out which Osky teacher is the daughter of a pharmacist and telling her parent about a student’s academics. Probably should of kept that to yourself like she should have.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
How about we see what the NCAA Academic Progress Rating data says about the relative academics of the two programs? I just happen to know where to find the data on this matter. Maybe that would shed some light on the situation we have here.

https://web3.ncaa.org/aprsearch/aprsearch

...and I made a handy line chart to summarize it...

View attachment 68500

Prohm has beaten McCaffery every year he has been our head coach.

GTFO of here with this "higher academic standards" hogwash, Hawkeyes.

If anything, we should be making the point against them.

We have some great examples to give, too. Melvin Ejim was an academic all-American. Mike Jacobson was the Big 12 MBB scholar-athlete of the year last year. We are not exactly Northwestern, but we are ahead of Iowa's "high standards."

Impressive work Sig!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Thanks!

I made some slight graphical updates, but the point remains the same.

View attachment 68503

Somebody should post this over on HR in response to their vague insinuations about Iowa's program having higher academic standards than ours.
It won't do any good. All they'll say is ISU does whatever it takes to keep players eligible even if the players haven't earned the grade even though no one believes it is actually true.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
What do you think he meant by "shady characters" at ISU?

When I see blatant racism I'm going to call it out.... sorry if that offends you. Iowa fans have been using the racial card against ISU forever. All we recruit are "thugs" according to them..... meanwhile their starting five is all white.... and ours is 4 black guys and 1 white guy. You can't connect the dots there?

I'll let you search for things to support you're preconceived notion of racism.

• Dislike
Reactions: CY88CE11

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
How about we see what the NCAA Academic Progress Rating data says about the relative academics of the two programs? I just happen to know where to find the data on this matter. Maybe that would shed some light on the situation we have here.

https://web3.ncaa.org/aprsearch/aprsearch

...and I made a handy line chart to summarize it...

View attachment 68500

Prohm has beaten McCaffery every year he has been our head coach.

GTFO of here with this "higher academic standards" hogwash, Hawkeyes.

If anything, we should be making the point against them.

We have some great examples to give, too. Melvin Ejim was an academic all-American. Mike Jacobson was the Big 12 MBB scholar-athlete of the year last year. We are not exactly Northwestern, but we are ahead of Iowa's "high standards."
But, but, but, we somehow commit academic fraud while Iowa honestly care about academics according to many Iowa fans.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
View attachment 68507
For those that didn’t get to see it...

this will be a sticky note for every prospect Iowa attempts to contact going forward.

That he panicked and deleted it, doesn’t mean it hasn’t been saved.

Every single mid major coach that Iowa is going against for future recruits will be showing that to parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.