Hawk Fan Reactions to XF Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo

My daughter teaches at Oskaloosa High School. She has had him in one of her classes. Here is, verbatim, the text she sent me a few minutes ago:

“Don’t be upset about Xavier Foster’s choice. He’s an academic nightmare, arrogant, and has next to nothing for work ethic.”

Sounds like a perfect fit for ISU.

This is not “sour grapes” from her, either. She cares nothing about sports. About a year ago I jokingly asked her to tell Foster to go to Iowa or she will flunk him. Her reply was much the same as her text.

I hope all the best for the kid, but the NBA may not be the sure thing he thinks it is.
I really do not know the academic standards for either school, but judging by the outside, it seems like ISU might help him more with that than Iowa would. Seems like Iowa would hold their players more accountable than ISU. That's just my outside observation, is there any truth to my outside view? Other than what I've observed over the years in football and basketball, it seems that Iowa holds them more accountable.

Thoughts?

sour grapes

Iowa, Iowa State and UNI all have the exact same academic standards for both admission and remaining eligible for athletics. It's all set by the BOR.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

My daughter teaches at Oskaloosa High School. She has had him in one of her classes. Here is, verbatim, the text she sent me a few minutes ago:

“Don’t be upset about Xavier Foster’s choice. He’s an academic nightmare, arrogant, and has next to nothing for work ethic.”

This is not “sour grapes” from her, either. She cares nothing about sports. About a year ago I jokingly asked her to tell Foster to go to Iowa or she will flunk him. Her reply was much the same as her text.

I hope all the best for the kid, but the NBA may not be the sure thing he thinks it is.
I really do not know the academic standards for either school, but judging by the outside, it seems like ISU might help him more with that than Iowa would. Seems like Iowa would hold their players more accountable than ISU. That's just my outside observation, is there any truth to my outside view? Other than what I've observed over the years in football and basketball, it seems that Iowa holds them more accountable.

Thoughts?

sour grapes
Sounds like that daughter really sucks as a teacher.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Honestly from what I've read on their boards most are realizing it probably is the right pick. And they're depressed because Fran sucks and that class is brutally bad. Real bad.

Honestly, Im sure they feel the same right now as we did when Harrison went to UNC. We all understood it, and it made perfect sense, but we were half trolled into thinking he would come here.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa

Thoughts?

sour grapes
Pretty sure all the academic standards are exactly the same, as set by the Board of Regents.

Sounds like that daughter really sucks as a teacher.
An athlete that tries harder in sports than in s***ty classes they don't care about? Never seen that before!

• Funny
Reactions: oldman and cyfan21

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
This. This is the thread I needed this morning.

I completely agree with you...Mr CoKane, without a doubt the highlight of my day...Sure as HELL is that four letter word SNOW.....and didnt your mother tell you to Never say the four letter words...LOL.....Thank You so much Xavier you made the right choice....

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Thoughts?

sour grapes
Page gone

• Agree
Reactions: Sparkplug

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE

Thoughts?

sour grapes
EL OH EL

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Let me guess.... if XF had chosen Iowa this morning instead of ISU.... then all of the sudden he wouldn't have been an academic risk, and we never would have heard about this "teacher" at Osky, am I right?

I don't believe for a second that this "teacher" even exists. But if they do, their father should not have thrown them under the bus like that.... it could really hurt their career as a teacher.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
There is some hubbub that Fran signed those twins a few weeks ago basically to entice Foster because he's friends with the twins. So Fran signed them swinging for the fences that doing that would make Foster choose Iowa. Now they're stuck with them.

Also heard Foster really didn't mesh well with Fran's kids. Weird. (heavy sarcasm)

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
There is some hubbub that Fran signed those twins a few weeks ago basically to entice Foster because he's friends with the twins. So Fran signed them swinging for the fences that doing that would make Foster choose Iowa. Now they're stuck with them.

Also heard Foster really didn't mesh well with Fran's kids. Weird. (heavy sarcasm)

They'd have been solid role players at Western Illinois. No brainer to get them on board.

• Funny
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

He's probably warming up the bus to throw them under as we are discussing it ;). LOL

• Funny
Reactions: dahliaclone

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

I don't doubt this for a second. There was absolutely no reason for Fran to offer those twins... nobody, and I mean NOBODY else wanted them.

I think Fran absolutely offered them to get XF. I'm so glad it didn't work. Like I said in a previous post.... if Fran could force the twins to walk on right now I'm sure he would.

• Creative
Reactions: cymac2408

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Is their a more delusional fan base than that team out east? I'm so happy I don't work in Iowa anymore. I couldn't stand talking to fans that couldn't even spell Hawkeyes without looking it up. Their lives revolve around the Hoks playing the Clones.

You HAVE seen the thousands and thousands and thousands of posts on OUR board about THEM?

Status
Not open for further replies.