Think we showed who was better last week!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
It is still football season right? Guess I got all caught up in the Iowa wrestling news this week that I need to get back focusing on the big games tomorrow that each team has. Here are my final predictions.

Ok - 41
ISU - 27

Iowa - 9
Wisconsin - 17

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It is still football season right? Guess I got all caught up in the Iowa wrestling news this week that I need to get back focusing on the big games tomorrow that each team has. Here are my final predictions.

Ok - 41
ISU - 27

Iowa - 9
Wisconsin - 17
Is that 3 field goals for Iowa, or a TD and a safety? Not that it matters but just wondering lol

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa

Ok - 41
ISU - 27

Iowa - 9
Wisconsin - 17
I'll be sad if ISU gives up that many points, but I'm not insane enough to believe it's impossible. OU just scored that much against KSU in 22 minutes of possession. That is just bonkers. I definitely don't think we can/will slow the game down that much.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I'll be sad if ISU gives up that many points, but I'm not insane enough to believe it's impossible. OU just scored that much against KSU in 22 minutes of possession. That is just bonkers. I definitely don't think we can/will slow the game down that much.

I remember hearing that Oklahoma was leading the nation in yards per game while running the fewest amount of offensive plays. One of the craziest stats I've ever heard.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Ok - 41
ISU - 27

Iowa - 9
Wisconsin - 17

Hard to tell. OU's defense sucks so I could see ISU putting up more than 27. But it's also a big time game/opponent so it depends on if Purdy can bounce back from Okie St.

You're probably right on with the Wisco call. I have a bad feeling about this one. Then again, I had a good feeling about Michigan and we saw how that turned out.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Hard to tell. OU's defense sucks so I could see ISU putting up more than 27. But it's also a big time game/opponent so it depends on if Purdy can bounce back from Okie St.

You're probably right on with the Wisco call. I have a bad feeling about this one. Then again, I had a good feeling about Michigan and we saw how that turned out.

I just hope it isn't a repeat of 2017. That was a very hard game to watch. At least with the Michigan game Iowa did move the ball between the 25s. That 2017 Wisconsin game Iowa couldn't even get a yard.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I just hope it isn't a repeat of 2017. That was a very hard game to watch. At least with the Michigan game Iowa did move the ball between the 25s. That 2017 Wisconsin game Iowa couldn't even get a yard.

I was at a niece's bday party for the 2017 game, they had it on but it was muted and I was plenty distracted so I didn't have to watch the debacle unfold. I was in Ames for the Michigan game, so only ended up seeing very little of that one and am happy about that. I'm in the clear for tomorrow's game aside from some grilling duties, hopefully it turns out different.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I was at a niece's bday party for the 2017 game, they had it on but it was muted and I was plenty distracted so I didn't have to watch the debacle unfold. I was in Ames for the Michigan game, so only ended up seeing very little of that one and am happy about that. I'm in the clear for tomorrow's game aside from some grilling duties, hopefully it turns out different.

You also might be right about the ISU/OK game. Oklahoma's defense is really bad and ISU has a very good offense. Both teams could easily be in the 40s for sure.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Ok - 41
ISU - 27

Iowa - 9
Wisconsin - 17

Steve Prohm - 1
Xavier Foster - 1
Fran McCaffrey - 0

• Disagree
  • Winner
Reactions: CyPunch and breck53

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Steve Prohm - 1
Xavier Foster - 1
Fran McCaffrey - 0

I could have told you that Foster wasn't coming to Iowa a year ago. That doesn't surprise me. What does surprise me is that he never got his big out of state offer that he would have jumped all over.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I remember hearing that Oklahoma was leading the nation in yards per game while running the fewest amount of offensive plays. One of the craziest stats I've ever heard.
That is absurd. I have absolutely no idea what you do to stop something like that. What's scarier is their defense, while not great, is noticeably better -- averaging 23 points and 340 yards allowed per game, even when they're offense spends so little time on the field. KSU was the first team to really expose them for major points and they did that solely by a massive clock control and power run effort. Not every team out there can manage that. Either way, the progress is there and trending the right way -- and OU is a decent defense short of a national title competitor (and has been for the past few years, even).

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
30th best defense in the country is really bad?

If ISU sticks to the running game and not try to throw the ball 60 plus times, they will score points. Question is, will they stick to the running game and will they be able to hold Oklahoma to the 30s.

• Dumb
Reactions: JP4CY

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If ISU sticks to the running game and not try to throw the ball 60 plus times, they will score points. Question is, will they stick to the running game and will they be able to hold Oklahoma to the 30s.

So you think the 30th best defense in the country is really bad?

• Agree

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
So you think the 30th best defense in the country is really bad?

Might have to go back on that one a bit. They were pretty solid until they got exposed their last game. ISU needs to feed Hall and let Purdy run on occasion too. Throwing the ball over 60 times is not going to work.

• Dumb

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
That would be the million dollar question lol. I honestly don't care if OU scores 50 as long as we score 51. That type of game would definitely give me a heart attack.