NBA: **Cyclones in the NBA and G-League, 2019-2020

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Soooo, this happened a little while ago. Would Cam give up his spot in Turkey to come back to the G League?

Is answering my own post like talking to myself? So, I can't find any evidence that Cam has played in Afyon's (Turkey) first 4 games (I thought maybe Prohm had suspended him again). He appears ready to join the Atlanta Hawks' G League team:

Reactions: LindenCy

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Final line for Matty Ice in the 3rd game of the season (a big Toronto win over the Bulls): 23 MIN, 2-3 FG, 2-3 3PT, 1 AST, 1 TO, +18 (highest off the bench; also had 2nd-most minutes off the bench). I wish I could watch to see how he looked on D.

Another Cyclone has made his NBA debut.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
So, Georges ended up with a pretty good line last night for the Jazz - in their cool, retro Stockton-Malone era unis - but it comes with sort of an asterisk. The Jazz won big over Sacramento and Bogdanovic was back after missing a game. This meant that Georges was back to the 10th guy in the rotation and only played 4 minutes in the first 3 quarters (with 1 bucket). Both teams benched their starters for the 4th quarter and Niang must've played the entire quarter. He ended with a line of 16 MIN, 12 PTS, 5-7 FG, 2-4 3PT, 3 REB, 1 AST and 1 TO. He had some poor shooting games in pre-season so it's good that he could knock down some shots.

Look how quickly he gets this corner 3 off (his shot was much slower than this at ISU):

Reactions: NWICY and cyfanbr

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Not NBA or G League but let's hope that Will Clyburn's injury isn't too serious. He's been playing in Russia with CSKA which plays in the Euroleague - VERY high level of competition.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
OKC Thunder destroyed the weakened GS Warriors on Sunday (up 70-37 at half) but, unfortunately, Nader and Burton were not really part of the demolition. They got their minutes after the game was out of hand. They used a 9-man rotation and Abdel was the 10th guy. He finished with a 3-pointer in 12 minutes and DB got another in 8 minutes.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Matt, Abdel, Deonte, Georges, and Monte are all in action tonight (10/28). Well, their teams are; let's hope they all get some run. I'm not really including THT until he is healthy and dressing for the Lakers.

These early games have given us an indication of where these guys are in their team's pecking order and all but Monte are kind of on the fringe. Georges and Matt had some production lately so I hope that their name gets called to in the rotation.

Saw this from Fran Frascilla recently:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Quick, executive summary of the guys in action last night. Abdel Nader (10th man) got 5 MIN in 1st half and hit a 3. They led at halftime and he didn't play after that - they lost the lead in the 2nd half. Burton got in late for less than a minute and, well, got a foul.

Matt Thomas got his 3rd DNP in 4 games (Raptors' win)

Georges - also a 10th man - got 9 MIN and 2 PT (1-3 FG, 0-2 3PT) in the Jazz' win.

Monte can't be too happy with his performance. His final line was 17 MIN (10th most on team),, 2-8 FG, 2 AST and 2TO.

Denver hosts Dallas tonight.

• Informative

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
The league seems to have figured out Monte a little bit. Monte’s NBA career has been a success regardless but he needs to adjust.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
The league seems to have figured out Monte a little bit. Monte’s NBA career has been a success regardless but he needs to adjust.

Yep he needs to go from sophomore Monte to Senior Monte. Make sure he gets his buckets, not just fall in to the flow.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Monte finished 3-5 with 6 PTS, 2 AST and no TOs last night, as the Nuggets gave up their lead to the Mavs in the 4th quarter.. As @Doc pointed out, it doesn't seem to be a good start for MM. I hope to get to see some Denver games to check him out more.

Two chances to see Cyclones on national TV coming up: Jazz vs. the powerful Clips tonight at 10 PM ET / 9 PM CT tonight on ESPN (10/30). Let's how Kawhi does against the "old guy at the Y" :)

Tomorrow (10/31), the Nuggets are on TNT at 9:30 ET / 8:30 CT against New Orleans.

Reactions: NWICY and 0u812

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
It's not that other teams have figured Monte out...they haven't changed...Monte hasn't changed. The team composition of the Nuggets is such that playing minutes, this early in the season, are not as consistent due to the team being deeper than last year. Give the season time and minutes will become more consistent as starters get injured/need a break/etc. You saw this in the playoffs last year as starters played more minutes, especially the other teams...Monte was being guarded by a starter in the playoffs...sometimes a big difference from the middle of the season when you might be guarded by a teams #2 or #3 option.

Monte will get going...

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Not much to report for Cyclones in last night's games: Nader and Burton got DNPs for OKC (9-man rotation). Georges and Matt both got in the game for a minute of garbage time (8-man rotation for Toronto; 9 for Utah). Hopefully some opportunities arise and they take advantage of them.

Monte's on TNT tonight at 9:30 ET / 8:30 CT.

• Informative