Camping World Bowl- Who would go?

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Looks like ISU crapped Orlando away (for now). CBSSports has Iowa State in Tempe vs. Wyoming and ESPN has the Cyclones in Houston vs. Texas A&M or Miami (Fla.). I think I prefer Tempe, because I can double header it with the Fiesta, and I have never seen Wyoming in person. Plus, Purdy can play in front of the home folks. Thoughts?

Last edited:

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Looks like ISU crapped Orlando away (for now). CBSSports has Iowa State in Tempe vs. Wyoming and ESPN has the Cyclones in Houston vs. Texas A&M or Miami (Fla.). I think I prefer Tempe, because I can double header it with the Fiesta, and I have never seen Wyoming in person. Plus, Purdy can play in front of the home folks. Thoughts?
We’re #3 in the conference right now. Orlando is still in play.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
That'll be tough for you to cover on your salary as fry cook at McDonalds.

You do know you’re talking to a guy that’s so powerful, he’s going to save uni’s athletic department, right?

im he walks around with that kind of cash as spare change.

cycjob

Oct 10, 2014
We’re #3 in the conference right now. Orlando is still in play.
The Cyclones are upredictable. I could see them winning all of their remaining games and challenging to get to the BigXII title game. I could also see them losing all of their remaining games and not making a bowl. The former seems more likely than the latter but I don't know what to expect at this point in the season.

I guess you could say the team is still in "Prove It" mode.

I did observe that when they make it into the top 25, they have a tendency to lose the next game. Not sure if that is because we become a bigger target and the opponent is motivate or if they start reading their own headlines.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
The Cyclones are upredictable. I could see them winning all of their remaining games and challenging to get to the BigXII title game. I could also see them losing all of their remaining games and not making a bowl. The former seems more likely than the latter but I don't know what to expect at this point in the season.

I guess you could say the team is still in "Prove It" mode.

I did observe that when they make it into the top 25, they have a tendency to lose the next game. Not sure if that is because we become a bigger target and the opponent is motivate or if they start reading their own headlines.
I have become superstitious about rankings. I see them crack the top 25 and I cringe.

• Winner
Reactions: JimmyChitwood

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I would go to SA, Houston, or Memphis. Not sure about Orlando, that is a long ways.

• Agree
Reactions: Spanky

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Unfortunately I have seen Wyoming in person.

https://cyclones.com/news/1996/9/7/899698.aspx

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Unfortunately I have seen Wyoming in person.

https://cyclones.com/news/1996/9/7/899698.aspx

If we go to overtime, win the coin toss, and choose to go on offense first, then Matt Campbell does have the same level of football knowledge as Mac did.

Then it would finally Blake sense why @Tornado man has never credited him for all he’s accomplished here. It wouldn’t just be because his uncle looks like **** in comparison

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If we go to overtime, win the coin toss, and choose to go on offense first, then Matt Campbell does have the same level of football knowledge as Mac did.

Then it would finally Blake sense why @Tornado man has never credited him for all he’s accomplished here. It wouldn’t just be because his uncle looks like **** in comparison

Uncle? Macs nephew?