New Uniforms Revealed

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
My prediction is white-white-cardinal, but you might have a different idea.

Gaze upon thy destruction, Sooners, and despair...

2000.jpeg

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
for some reason it didn't post the road uni concept...trying again:
Regardless of the particulars; yellow (gold) hats, white tops, and cardinal pants looks outstanding. And from the various concepts everybody has posted here it's pretty obvious to me that the I-state logo would look better on a yellow helmet than a cardinal one.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Regardless of the particulars; yellow (gold) hats, white tops, and cardinal pants looks outstanding. And from the various concepts everybody has posted here it's pretty obvious to me that the I-state logo would look better on a yellow helmet than a cardinal one.

Yeah, the "red on red" of the I-State logo on a red lid is... meh.

It looks better on black and white and gold, though the gold outline on the "I" washes out.

Reactions: cyclones500

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I agree with @weR138 and @Sigmapolis about contrast of the I-State logo and helmet color. It works super-well on white, doesn't stand out well against the cardinal background, gold background with the gold trim of the "I" portion would require an adjustment to be more slightly more effective.

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Yeah, the "red on red" of the I-State logo on a red lid is... meh.

It looks better on black and white and gold, though the gold outline on the "I" washes out.

Solutions:

- Narrow white outline on the I-State logo - would help on both the gold and red helmets.

- Utilize a gold updated (no Cyclone script) Criner-era tornado logo on the red helmets.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Solutions:

- Narrow white outline on the I-State logo - would help on both the gold and red helmets.

- Utilize a gold updated (no Cyclone script) Criner-era tornado logo on the red helmets.

Generally agree with you, but I know the official stance...

-- The home uniforms have no white on them as of now (and I think that is a mistake, but it is the way it is). That white outline would clash with everything else.

-- The monstrosity Bugle logo is the official nickname logo... Not the 80s one.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
oh, sorry. that's where the 'win in the dark' part comes in. the last 5 games are actually going to be played with the secret glow in the dark alternates. the recruits are going to love them. i forgot to hold a tiny flashlight up to my computer monitor to charge the glow-y parts. here's the update:
Wouldn't that be fun for the Halloween game...

;)

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Solutions:

This is the simplest and best solution, imo, if the AD is somehow married to the cardinal helmets. My preference is going back to yellow with the cardinal tornado but the other way is great too.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
oh, sorry. that's where the 'win in the dark' part comes in. the last 5 games are actually going to be played with the secret glow in the dark alternates. the recruits are going to love them. i forgot to hold a tiny flashlight up to my computer monitor to charge the glow-y parts. here's the update:
I wouldn't be mad about this at all, hell that would be cool as ****.... :D:D