New Uniforms Revealed

amestoplease

Jan 30, 2012
looks like the 49ers.

i mean, there are only so many uni combos out there for a given set of team colors, especially when you err on the side of a classic look (as opposed to using gradients, chrome, neon, outer space themed, blah blah) so there will always be a comparison to be made. still, i'd rather have an element or two that is similar to the 49ers, redskins, usc, minnesota, arizona st. etc. than use black and white like every other college football program. here's how the road setup could look:

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
for some reason it didn't post the road uni concept...trying again:

I'd be able to embrace your home and road samples even with our standard gold and the regular logo ... the subtle use of white with the striping and numerals seems to make it snap it a little. I wouldn't advocate "over-whiting," or triple-striping the pants to match the helmet, that might be too much.

Key note: I like most of our current rotation as it is, without having to tweak or use alt-logos (a throwback logo option might be viable addition at times).

Reactions: STATE12

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
I'd be able to embrace your home and road samples even with our standard gold and the regular logo ... the subtle use of white with the striping and numerals seems to make it snap it a little. I wouldn't advocate "over-whiting," or triple-striping the pants to match the helmet, that might be too much.

Key note: I like most of our current rotation as it is, without having to tweak or use alt-logos (a throwback logo option might be viable addition at times).

I agree, though I'd suggest maybe a slight edge on the helmet stripes in a couple spots to more match the stripe on the sleeves and pants. Nothing outrageous, just a small modification to make it all a little more uniform (since currently the helmets stripes are plain and straight, and both jersey and pants have the "lightning bolt" notch in them).

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I agree, though I'd suggest maybe a slight edge on the helmet stripes in a couple spots to more match the stripe on the sleeves and pants. Nothing outrageous, just a small modification to make it all a little more uniform (since currently the helmets stripes are plain and straight, and both jersey and pants have the "lightning bolt" notch in them).

I'm trying to visualize that and I can see what you mean in basic sense, but would be cool to see a sample.

amestoplease

Jan 30, 2012
Thanks. I love seeing the game-by-game visuals each year in one spot. Good work.

Looks like we'll get a bit repetitive down the stretch this season, though. ;):D

oh, sorry. that's where the 'win in the dark' part comes in. the last 5 games are actually going to be played with the secret glow in the dark alternates. the recruits are going to love them. i forgot to hold a tiny flashlight up to my computer monitor to charge the glow-y parts. here's the update:

Attachments

• 2019_season_glow.jpg
    2019_season_glow.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 65

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
oh, sorry. that's where the 'win in the dark' part comes in. the last 5 games are actually going to be played with the secret glow in the dark alternates. the recruits are going to love them. i forgot to hold a tiny flashlight up to my computer monitor to charge the glow-y parts. here's the update:

Perfect! :D

Could you add a little purple accent to some of those? It's common knowledge that a cardinal shoot s purple blood from its eye on occasion. ;);)

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Yep the blacks need some red trim for sure.
And gold! The TCU game unis looked great (and I am an old fart), but the helmet should have a cardinal "I" and gold "State" just so we know which team is Iowa State! I'm coming around, but let's at least keep a little cardinal and gold in there for the win-win! :)

Reactions: Aclone and bgprest

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron