NBA: ***NBA 2019-2020 Season***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
On cue Davis in before Thomas.

Any idea why they dropped him? The FO has done nothing but rant and rave about him since we picked him up.

They wanted add a 3rd PG behind Murray and Monte and were pretty full at SG aconsidering Murray plays there some
and they have Harris, Beasley and Barton.

• Informative
Reactions: CloneFan4

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I'm really interested to see how Utah looks tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if the Thunder made it real close despite the 9 point spread.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
@Doc - I like the Nuggets' 2nd unit options with Grant, Plumlee, Monte, Beasley and Craig. That's a squad that can bring some energy and speed. Grant was a great pick-up for the Nuggets and eventually, Porter's going to start getting minutes.

Reactions: Doc

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
SIAP but if you have directv, you have the first week of the nba league pass for free. I think it ends the 29th.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
PJ Washington had a huge rookie debut. Coby White looked pretty good for the Bulls and wouldn’t be surprised to see him starting soon.

Sixers- Celtics was a fun game.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
The West is going to be crazy this year. I didn't see the game but a couple observers have noted that the Lakers the way they're currently constituted aren't going to get to the Finals. Seems to be a big drop off after AD, LeBron and Danny Green (Kuzma is still out with an injury).

With AD, LeBron and Kuzma, don't they all want to play the 4?

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Good news for the Pacers: the Turner/Sabonis frontcourt pairing combined for 52 points and 22 rebounds.

Bad news: They got next to nothing from their bench and lost.

I still like their potential once Oladipo gets back but for now McMillan has some rotation issues to sort out.

Reactions: Halincandenza

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
The West is going to be crazy this year. I didn't see the game but a couple observers have noted that the Lakers the way they're currently constituted aren't going to get to the Finals. Seems to be a big drop off after AD, LeBron and Danny Green (Kuzma is still out with an injury).

I think they'll slog through the regular season but as long as they can get in - even as a low seed - they're going to be dangerous. The problem is that the way they're constructed they're going to have a difficult time doing any kind of load management program for AD or Lebron. They're going to need both players in the lineup most nights just to secure a playoff spot.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018

I see the Lakers ceiling as going to the conference Finals. But could easily see them even losing in the first round with the wrong matchup.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015

I was looking at their roster during the game. Not good enough to win it all IMO. Not enough shooting and zero bench scoring punch.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I was looking at their roster during the game. Not good enough to win it all IMO. Not enough shooting and zero bench scoring punch.

Sure. The thing is they're all in on their Big Two. The Lakers are banking on the idea that against any playoff opponent that isn't the Clippers they're going to have probably the two best players on the court and at the very least two of the three best, and that'll be enough.

I think it's a flawed plan, but with the right postseason matchups it could maybe be enough to get them to the conference finals. But if AD or Lebron get hurt and miss a significant chunk of the season, I could just as easily see them missing the playoffs completely. They're walking a very fine line.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Sure. The thing is they're all in on their Big Two. The Lakers are banking on the idea that against any playoff opponent that isn't the Clippers they're going to have probably the two best players on the court and at the very least two of the three best, and that'll be enough.

I think it's a flawed plan, but with the right postseason matchups it could maybe be enough to get them to the conference finals. But if AD or Lebron get hurt and miss a significant chunk of the season, I could just as easily see them missing the playoffs completely. They're walking a very fine line.

Yeah that is a big gamble for a guy who is never healthy for a full season (AD) and for a guy turning 35. Plus all of the other old guys they have on their bench.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm