Top 60 recruit Jalen Terry decommits from Michigan State

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Altman is next up taking a look at Terry. Going to be a lot of competition for his services.
Considering he wants to take visits, I would guess he's looking to sign in the spring.

"LSU’s Will Wade, Louisville’s Chris Mack, DePaul, Mizzou, TCU, Iowa State, Florida State, Maryland, Ole Miss, Providence, have all reached out to Terry who plans on taking visits and taking the process slow. The latest school to reach out: Oregon."

https://stockrisers.com/2019/10/21/jalen-terry-has-many-suitors-will-take-all-visits/

How in the **** is will wade still employed?

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
LSU is going to be tough to beat out for Terry. Seems like a lot of his retweets lately have been LSU related.

I don’t know if it helps us or hurts us that Terry already took his official visit here before committing to Michigan state.

On one hand he knows what to expect from ISU, on another hand, it might be tougher for us to get him on campus again because he’s already used his official.

I don’t know how the rules work but I’d be willing to guess you can’t officially visit the same school twice.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
LSU is going to be tough to beat out for Terry. Seems like a lot of his retweets lately have been LSU related.

I don’t know if it helps us or hurts us that Terry already took his official visit here before committing to Michigan state.

On one hand he knows what to expect from ISU, on another hand, it might be tougher for us to get him on campus again because he’s already used his official.

I don’t know how the rules work but I’d be willing to guess you can’t officially visit the same school twice.

Will Wade is always hard to beat on the recruiting trail

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
This recruitment is escalating quickly. With LSU visit Fiday it looks like there are two more visits getting set Oregon and Louisville. Terry has already visited Ames but not getting one of the two left would imply to me ISU is on the outside of his recruitment at this point.

@jakeweingarten And, as I reported an hour ago, he takes his first official visit to LSU this weekend.
Also working on planning a visit to Oregon.

@jakeweingarten Louisville has indeed extended an offer to Top-50 senior Jalen Terry, a source told @UofLRivals. He is currently also working on scheduling an official visit to campus.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
This recruitment is escalating quickly. With LSU visit Fiday it looks like there are two more visits getting set Oregon and Louisville. Terry has already visited Ames but not getting one of the two left would imply to me ISU is on the outside of his recruitment at this point.

@jakeweingarten And, as I reported an hour ago, he takes his first official visit to LSU this weekend.

@jakeweingarten Louisville has indeed extended an offer to Top-50 senior Jalen Terry, a source told @UofLRivals. He is currently also working on scheduling an official visit to campus.

He had an official visit last November. Can he have two officials within a year?

• Informative
Reactions: LLCoolCY

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
He had an official visit last November. Can he have two officials within a year?

I was thinking it was earlier than that, obviously that could come into play then. Not sure sure what the exact rules are. Does anyone know if it is 1 OV per year or 1 OV per semester?

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I was thinking it was earlier than that, obviously that could come into play then. Not sure sure what the exact rules are. Does anyone know if it is 1 OV per year or 1 OV per semester?
I want to say, for example, if he visited 11/02/18 he couldn't visit again until 11/02/19.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006

Or, maybe he already knows as much as he needs to about ISU from the previous visit and wants to see how other universities stack up? Doesn't mean we're on the outside at all.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Or, maybe he already knows as much as he needs to about ISU from the previous visit and wants to see how other universities stack up? Doesn't mean we're on the outside at all.

I like the optimism and I did preface my statement that he has visited campus so you could be right.
A lot changed from roster perspective from a year ago and if I were a player I would like to meet the guys I'd be playing with and see a practice to get a feel for my role prior to committing.
With all that said, nothing would stop him from taking an unofficial and he is reasonable close to make the trip if he wants.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
its now seeming pretty obvious what's going on here. Oregon, LSU, Louisville? Someone wants to get paid. (since they weren't paid by Mich st). I'd give us a 0% shot now.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Ooohhh Snap,
This site is reporting an official visit scheduled for Terry on Nov. 9th.
"NCAA Basketball top-20 class of 2020 point guard Jalen Terry will take an official college visit to LSU on Friday. According to 247Sports Evan Daniels, the 5-11 lead guard was in the process of making plans to visit Louisville after picking up an offer from the Cardinals on Oct. 22. The former Michigan State commit also is slated to take an official visit to Iowa State on Nov. 9."

https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/10...ry-and-kadary-richmond-slated-to-take-visits/

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron