Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It's rough for Baylor still having a #170 SOS after Saturdays big win. Did their SOS actually drop after that game or what?

How could Baylor's SOS drop after playing their toughest opponent by far who happens to be in the top 30 of that ranking?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Just weird that ISU hammers the 126 best team and Purdy should be in the Heisman talks. No mention of SOS then.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Figured Baylor wouldn't look very good with an untested team playing a seasoned group with a really high SOS that has been prepping for conference games. Surprising.

That's funny because I told you Baylor was good last week. It's almost like I'm really smart when it comes to this stuff

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
That's funny because I told you Baylor was good last week. It's almost like I'm really smart when it comes to this stuff
That is impressive, can be really hard to tell when they haven't played anyone and have such an abysmal SOS.

I honestly don't remember you telling me that though, another poster mentioned that a while ago when discussing dropping the TCU/Baylor game in a thread.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Figured Baylor wouldn't look very good with an untested team playing a seasoned group with a really high SOS that has been prepping for conference games. Surprising.

There were a ton of posters that had this game circled as an L prior to the season starting.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins