Updated USA Today Coaches Salaries List

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I fully agree, but if I remember right these last couple offseasons where he's signed extensions he's been pushing the money for an increased salary into the assistant pool.

As much as I'd like to see Campbell get bumped up a bit, I think I'd equally like to see a guy like Heacock jump up to seven figures.
Campbell not only asks for money assistant pool dollars but you also have to factor that he is his own agent. Definitely helping us out there by not having to give them a 3-10%+* cut.

*I don't know what agent commissions are.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Does Campbell being underpaid deter recruits? He will probably always be "underpaid" here based on inflated salaries at the top. It is just crazy how the TV money goes right into facility improvements and coaches' salaries. Surely, this level of salary can't be maintained once the TV rights are renegotiated, but who knows?

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I don't care where it is coming from that is too much money for him.
What does that even mean?
USF is paying him less than an average of $2 million. Pretty appropriate. UT is getting out of a contract relatively cheaply.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I would like to see a list of total head coach salaries being paid by each school, including the current coach and any former coaches who are still being paid by them. Wasn't KU paying 3 head coaches a few years ago?

• Funny
Reactions: CycoCyclone

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Does Campbell being underpaid deter recruits? He will probably always be "underpaid" here based on inflated salaries at the top. It is just crazy how the TV money goes right into facility improvements and coaches' salaries. Surely, this level of salary can't be maintained once the TV rights are renegotiated, but who knows?

people like to make money. It’s funny how we try and pretend they don’t.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
What does that even mean?
USF is paying him less than an average of $2 million. Pretty appropriate. UT is getting out of a contract relatively cheaply.
It means he is getting paid/was getting paid way too much for being a ****** coach. $2MM for him is still too much and USF has gotten worse since he has been there. Clear? Good!

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Texas A&M has one of the highest revenue producing athletic departments in the country. They are probably 0% scared of buying Jimbo out if it comes down to it.
Fair enough...but I have yet to see that revenue translate into a national championship in my lifetime. If aTm likes to spend money to spend money good for them.

• Winner

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
I'm almost sure I read that JP stated it was MC's idea to increase the buyout. That, to me, would indicate he's ok where he currently is.

• Agree

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Fair enough...but I have yet to see that revenue translate into a national championship in my lifetime. If aTm likes to spend money to spend money good for them.

They just need to focus on winning their division which won't be anytime soon.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'm almost sure I read that JP stated it was MC's idea to increase the buyout. That, to me, would indicate he's ok where he currently is.

I'm pretty sure the buyout hasn't been increased. It was insanely high when he was hired. And it is still good, but goes down every year.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
If you click on the coaches name, it shows his complete salary history. Salaries have really gone nuts the past couple of years, hell they make Freerents look like a bargain at his current salary after 20 years.

Most of the coaches at the top either have won a national championship or just signed a new deal with the school. What is crazy is the bonuses and the buyouts that some of these coaches have. Freerents contract rolls over it he get 7 wins, he gets a bonus and more important, a year is tacked onto the contract buyout, which means more money if he is ever fired.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
If you add Brian and Kirk's salaries together, it pushes them into the top 10 and surpasses Penn State. If you factor the free Section 8 housing that he took advantage of that was meant for the downtrodden and economically disadvantaged and adjust that for inflation, then they are definitely in the top 10 and at #9.

Man...I made a career mistake. I should have just showed up at some program when I was 22 like Belichek.

• Funny
Reactions: khardbored

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
If you click on the coaches name, it shows his complete salary history. Salaries have really gone nuts the past couple of years, hell they make Freerents look like a bargain at his current salary after 20 years.

Most of the coaches at the top either have won a national championship or just signed a new deal with the school. What is crazy is the bonuses and the buyouts that some of these coaches have. Freerents contract rolls over it he get 7 wins, he gets a bonus and more important, a year is tacked onto the contract buyout, which means more money if he is ever fired.
This is a very creative part of the contract. I have never seen that before but if you plan to keep a coach until he retires no matter how he performs it doesn't cost you anything.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
It means he is getting paid/was getting paid way too much for being a ****** coach. $2MM for him is still too much and USF has gotten worse since he has been there. Clear? Good!

it’s almost like you don’t understand what Charlie’s role was at UT.

Oh wait, you don’t.

• Informative
Reactions: 2forISU

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
If you add Brian and Kirk's salaries together, it pushes them into the top 10 and surpasses Penn State. If you factor the free Section 8 housing that he took advantage of that was meant for the downtrodden and economically disadvantaged and adjust that for inflation, then they are definitely in the top 10 and at #9.

Man...I made a career mistake. I should have just showed up at some program when I was 22 like Belichek.

it probably would have helped you a lot in terms of understanding football, basketball, baseba....well everything

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron