Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
First off there's so much wrong with it. Marble and White had major conference offers and it's not even physically possible to add over 20 lbs of muscle in 6 months

Again, if it were JUST that they didn't have enough mass, they would have MVC offers. It's not like Drake isn't taking developmental guys. They took Issa Samake which is basically the same size and needs a lot of development.

If true, isn't that a recruiting violation?

Yes.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
I can see it already:
"I suspect Fran gave Foster an ultimatum. 'Commit now or I pull the offer'. Fran doesn't play games. The program comes first, and I know I'd rather have a team full of Murrays and McCaffreys who know what it means to be a Hawkeye, than a selfish, me first flash in the pan. We're better off without Foster. Mark my words."

It's coming. You know it
Man, I am so excited for the season all 3 McCafferys are on the squad. There is 3 right? Maybe 2? IDK. Either way, if they all take after Conor like their dad does that could be some high level trainwreck ball that I'm so here for

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Man, I am so excited for the season all 3 McCafferys are on the squad. There is 3 right? Maybe 2? IDK. Either way, if they all take after Conor like their dad does that could be some high level trainwreck ball that I'm so here for

The younger one is only in jr high I think so there won't be 3 but we'll see 2 for the foreseeable future.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I think Joe will go after this season.

Barring an injury, I can't see him sticking around. I think the Hawks will struggle this year but Joe is going to have a great season, he should have the ball in his hands a lot, especially if JorBo can't go.

Garza is a good cbb post, I think he'll be good the next two years but the NBA is full of guys his size who are much better athletes and who actually play defense. I just think he's too far behind in those two categories to be taken seriously by the NBA.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I think Niang's mom was really good too. Of course, Georges is one of the best Cyclones of all time & so there wasn't any drama in regards to GN.
The lunatic wrestler that was here, his dad was a nut job.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Nope, but how many pages do you need? We are in the middle of Football season and ISU has a chance to have their best year in program history and nothing is being talked about from a football front. Guess you guys are a basketball school.

Dude, your coach is clown shoes. He's like a gas giant star, slowly and pathetically going supernova. How do you expect anyone to look away?

Last edited:

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Northside Hawk Well-Known Member

Holy **** I didn't even see it that way.

Losing Foster to a blue blood would be one thing.

Losing him to a program that is probably recruiting him just to prevent us from having him....?

We all knew that guy in high school who would steal a prom date just to prevent the kid who really liked the girl from getting the date.

It's been said that Bear Bryant would steal Auburn recruits more because he knew it would piss off Auburn than than help Alabama.

If the perception grows that Prohm is in Fran's head, and the Murray boys end up being busts?

You can bet your bottom dollar that Iowa State would spin this as Foster really wanted to come to Iowa but they tried to hold his feet to the fire and rush him. No matter how much to the contrary that may have been.

And to think that I was accusing ISU about six weeks ago of trying to pressure Foster, which I admit I was.

Right @BryceC?:)

So the latest theory is we are only recruiting him so Iowa doesn't get him. Freakin' gold.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
By looking at this board you would never know that ISU was in the middle of a football season where they are serious contenders to get to the Big 12 championship game. #rentfree
I get it, you need big brother’s affirmation, but Iowa basketball is a train wreck. People generally avert their eyes to stare at such things.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: Cytown12 and NWICY

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Northside Hawk Well-Known Member

Holy **** I didn't even see it that way.

Losing Foster to a blue blood would be one thing.

Losing him to a program that is probably recruiting him just to prevent us from having him....?

We all knew that guy in high school who would steal a prom date just to prevent the kid who really liked the girl from getting the date.

It's been said that Bear Bryant would steal Auburn recruits more because he knew it would piss off Auburn than than help Alabama.

If the perception grows that Prohm is in Fran's head, and the Murray boys end up being busts?

You can bet your bottom dollar that Iowa State would spin this as Foster really wanted to come to Iowa but they tried to hold his feet to the fire and rush him. No matter how much to the contrary that may have been.

And to think that I was accusing ISU about six weeks ago of trying to pressure Foster, which I admit I was.

Right @BryceC?:)

So the latest theory is we are only recruiting him so Iowa doesn't get him. Freakin' gold.

Sir, this is an Arby's....

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
It's worth noting that the admitted Fran Apologist, Trent Condon has even scratching his head over this one.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron