Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So I’m reading into Bain XF tweet one of two ways..

Either XF is very close with the Murray twins and wanted all 3 of them together...or..

Fran drive to see XF to pressure him to commit before the ships are filled..

kinda only 2 reasons I can see why you wouod drive to see XF and tell him they are committing
Fran could've also driven to tell XF not to freak out when he sees these guys committing and know that he has a spot on the team if he chooses Iowa.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO and heitclone

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Either XF is very close with the Murray twins and wanted all 3 of them together...or..

kinda only 2 reasons I can see why you wouod drive to see XF and tell him they are committing

Or he told him his services weren’t needed at the University if Iowa any longer. Fran appears to be even deeper in over his head than when he was assaulting refs he’s just letting out the aggression through stupidity.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines

It has to be option 1. It was a "come play with your buddies" pitch.

Even Franny can't be arrogant enough to pressure a high level recruit into committing, by saying 2 D-II guys might take his spot..

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It has to be option 1. It was a "come play with your buddies" pitch.

Even Franny can't be arrogant enough to pressure a high level recruit into committing, by saying 2 D-II guys might take his spot..
This seems to be the pitch he's been using at Iowa since he took over.

• Agree
Reactions: DSMCy

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Pretty easy to make the case that UNI's 2020 class of Bowen Born, Tytan Anderson (North Scott) and Nate Heise (CG from Minnesota) is better than what Francis has coming in.

Meaning that Francis, who can't even recruit at UNI's level is certainly due another extension.
Fran's getting a little ahead of himself if he thinks this will please Barta.. he'll have to lose another conference road game by 25+ if he is wanting another extension.

• Funny
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

JDDDCy

Dec 20, 2017
Has the decline in Fran's recruiting been due to a decline in the Iowa feeder program? I assume the talent level on the Barnstormers has gone down since their scandal. Aren't most of their players from that AAU program? Fran was supposed to be pretty tight with their creepy director.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
https://www.blackheartgoldpants.com...cy-commits-keegan-and-kris-murray-kenyon-bhgp

I mean this is just honestly hilarious.

1. They weren't 6'5" last year. They were 6'7". One of them maybe grew an inch.
2. If Auburn was "sniffing around", there is absolutely no one reporting on it. I can't find a single tweet or message board post about other than Iowa boards.
3. They literally just took two players that couldn't garner Mo Valley offers.
4. This means that there were literally two players on an Iowa high school team that couldn't get to state that are now part of the Iowa program.

I've been on a bit of a self-imposed posting ban... but this whole thing is quite frankly the most perplexing move I've ever seen. These guys are spring, fallback to the fallback type recruits. These guys had to go to a sketch prep school to get better offers than Upper Iowa. It's absolutely bizarre.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
https://www.blackheartgoldpants.com...cy-commits-keegan-and-kris-murray-kenyon-bhgp

I mean this is just honestly hilarious.

1. They weren't 6'5" last year. They were 6'7". One of them maybe grew an inch.
2. If Auburn was "sniffing around", there is absolutely no one reporting on it. I can't find a single tweet or message board post about other than Iowa boards.
3. They literally just took two players that couldn't garner Mo Valley offers.
4. This means that there were literally two players on an Iowa high school team that couldn't get to state that are now part of the Iowa program.

I've been on a bit of a self-imposed posting ban... but this whole thing is quite frankly the most perplexing move I've ever seen. These guys are spring, fallback to the fallback type recruits. These guys had to go to a sketch prep school to get better offers than Upper Iowa. It's absolutely bizarre.

Auburn had nothing to do with them. If someone said Auburn was sniffing around or visited them that's made up

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Auburn had nothing to do with them. If someone said Auburn was sniffing around or visited them that's made up
The closest Bruce Pearl got to offering them was taking one look at their profile / highlights and then pressing the "close window" button on his google chrome after 30 seconds.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I've consistently said Fran does a good job with under the radar guys. But these guys are so under the radar they are stealth. Plus, it's October. Just why?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron