Hawk fans gonna turn on Stanley

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I didn't watch the game so why don't you tell me why Iowa could only score two touchdowns against one of the worst defenses in the country.

That's the $64,000 question. My guess is that the offense isn't very good and the running game is terrible.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Pure and simply it is offensive line play for Iowa that is gumming up the works. Weird to say that since the line play is one of Iowa's hallmarks. Stanley may be large, but he is a decent QB. Run block is abysmal...

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Pure and simply it is offensive line play for Iowa that is gumming up the works. Weird to say that since the line play is one of Iowa's hallmarks. Stanley may be large, but he is a decent QB. Run block is abysmal...
Hmm we had a pretty awful offensive line last year yet Purdy was able to make due.. Must be a talent thing.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Doesn't help when your QB moves like he is stuck in quicksand.
Yeah Stanley isn't very mobile. Right now teams are teeing off on him and the offensive line hasn't helped him out at all. The limited success Iowa has had in the passing game the last few weeks have been fade routes, which ironically is the type of pass I said Stanley is only really good at.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Iowa hasn't had a good offensive line for like 6 years now.

• Disagree
Reactions: iahawks

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
You can read right? Cue the "Kirk's buddy gave Iowa's o-line an award" comment...

Well there is that, and there is also the year where Iowa had two 1,000 yard runners too. OL has been very solid to good to great the past six years. This is the first year where it has been a weakness since I can't even remember.