Minnesota beats ISU (secret scrimmage)

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Well they may win the unofficial title of meaningless scrimmage champion. Can't ever take that away from them!

Not sure why CSP's past history at ISU isn't actually celebrated as a harbinger of future success.
Because we have plenty if fans that think Prohm is largely a failure.

Think about this. ISU was preseason 21 in football. Now ISU is not quite there. If the season ended today would anybody be complaining about Campbell underachieving? Yet I keep reading on here that Prohms first year he underachieved because between finally ranking and NCAA seed and tourney performance they ended up right about where they were projected preseason. And that was after 2nd leading scorer Naz shut it down after a few games.

Or my favorite is last year claiming the team underachieved even after surpassing almost everyone's expectations. Why? Because after they beat KU people "reset" their expectations.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
1999-2000 team lost to Drake...**** happens.

and that was an actual ******* game! Without unlimited fouls, do overs on set plays, injected live coaching break ins, etc.

Think about this. ISU was preseason 21 in football. Now ISU is not quite there. If the season ended today would anybody be complaining about Campbell underachieving? Yet I keep reading on here that Prohms first year he underachieved because between finally ranking and NCAA seed and tourney performance they ended up right about where they were projected preseason. And that was after 2nd leading scorer Naz shut it down after a few games.

Or my favorite is last year claiming the team underachieved even after surpassing almost everyone's expectations. Why? Because after they beat KU people "reset" their expectations.

We were leading the league after 6 games! we controlled our own destiny and we pissed it all away!

• Creative
  • Funny
Reactions: BoxsterCy and jsb

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
and that was an actual ******* game! Without unlimited fouls, do overs on set plays, injected live coaching break ins, etc.

We were leading the league after 6 games! we controlled our own destiny and we pissed it all away!

I know you are being facetious.

We were 10-4 in 2015 with the following four ahead of us...

Home against Baylor (screwed up a 90% win probability)

upload_2019-10-20_23-23-1.png

On the road against Kansas State (screwed up a 96% win probability)

upload_2019-10-20_23-23-22.png

Then we won at home against Oklahoma and on the road against TCU.

We win the Baylor and Kansas State games, and we finish 14-4 in the Big 12.

And we win it outright...

upload_2019-10-20_23-24-13.png

Heck, just one of them, and at least you get a share of the regular season one. Now that was a collapse -- two all-timers -- when we controlled our own destiny with four left.

For the things people complain about regarding Prohm, they should absolutely kill Fred.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

This is correct. And it also clearly illustrates that it isn’t just about coaching.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

this is really well done.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Doesn't the team lose these about every year. Who ******* cares. Its about getting players into a game and situations. Also figuring out who works best with who. Being worried about losing a scrimmage is stupid. If you are seriously pissed about this, you are trying too hard to find the negative in anything. Enjoy the football season until mid Dec, then maybe you can worry about bad loses in BB.

• Winner
Reactions: bozclone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I know you are being facetious.

We were 10-4 in 2015 with the following four ahead of us...

Home against Baylor (screwed up a 90% win probability)

View attachment 67698

On the road against Kansas State (screwed up a 96% win probability)

View attachment 67699

Then we won at home against Oklahoma and on the road against TCU.

We win the Baylor and Kansas State games, and we finish 14-4 in the Big 12.

And we win it outright...

View attachment 67700

Heck, just one of them, and at least you get a share of the regular season one. Now that was a collapse -- two all-timers -- when we controlled our own destiny with four left.

For the things people complain about regarding Prohm, they should absolutely kill Fred.

Not to mention the loss at Texas Tech in January.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
While that UAB thing was a slow, cruel thing to watch, that team's inconsistencies made even a 2nd round loss not all that unrealistic.

Yeah, I doubt they had six good games in a row in them.

Or even four.

Turned out it was not even one.

When they were on, though, man were they on.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
This thread is so meta.

Sure, there are a few inarticulate ******** making the same unfounded criticisms they always do, but I think most reputable posters on here realize this is a scrimmage, super early, and this team is likely to be a work-in-progress to begin the season.

We seem to want to freak out about a freak out that is not happening.

A freak out needs music and a theme song.

Aaahh freak out!
Le freak, see'est Chic
Freak out!

Reactions: Sigmapolis

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa
This has to be it. I don't think last year's losses in the scrimmages evoked such a weird response by so many.

We are tired of losing.

Two seasons ago was beyond horrible. It was beyond painful. Last year showed promise, but we lost far too many games at home, then closed out the season by being Ohio State's ***** AGAIN.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron