Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Bock seems to think some P5 offers were/are coming. Even if that is true, and it might be, I'd bet those are all Spring offers. No decent P5 is signing these guys in the Fall. You wait to see how they look after the winter, and if they have improved, you offer them.
They are still 6'8", so on paper they could be decent prospects.

I don't think even in the Spring you waste two scholarships on kids like this

• Agree
Reactions: DSMCy and CyPunch

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I looked at their roster & couldn't recognize very many of them. Who the heck is Vanderloo, Hobbs, Ash, Baer 2.0 ??? I know we have walk-ons - but these guys are supplementing Till, Kreiner, Frederick, Nunge, C Mac, & Pemsl. That is BAAAAAD!! Wieskamp & Garza actually can play B1G ball, but other than that....???
It’s no wonder they get so up for the CyHawk and generally play hard, albeit mediocre. Fran has built his program on Taverhawks trying to punch above their weight.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It’s looking more and more like Jbo is going to play.
There is no way he doesn't play this year. I think he's a doucher but I don't want him to rush a serious injury. Sit out a year, transfer, sit out a year, stay. But to most likely lace it back up in December is a little interesting to say the least.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
They've got all sorts of scenarios worked out.
Seems that Pemsl grad transferring is basically a given.
JBo will play this year.
Both McCaffs going off scholarship
Riley Till going off scholarship

how many players can you have on a roster?

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
There is no way he doesn't play this year. I think he's a doucher but I don't want him to rush a serious injury. Sit out a year, transfer, sit out a year, stay. But to most likely lace it back up in December is a little interesting to say the least.

BoBo has a plan.....

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
He'll do like Pencil and just come in for the ISU game and then shut it down for the season to still get a redshirt. You watch.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It definitely is starting to look like JBo will suit up at some point this season and it'll be interesting to see how he looks. He'll be coming back early from a pretty significant surgery and I don't think it's going to fair well for him. In the past, Iowa has been able to cover up their lack of athleticism, however this year will be different. They have little to no athletes and Jordan is going to have to guard someone a hell of a lot quicker and faster than him. Couple that with the fact that defenses are now going to treat Jordan as Iowa's second best offensive weapon, so his shots are going to continue to get tougher and tougher. He's going to have to do all of that with an injured hip.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
It definitely is starting to look like JBo will suit up at some point this season and it'll be interesting to see how he looks. He'll be coming back early from a pretty significant surgery and I don't think it's going to fair well for him. In the past, Iowa has been able to cover up their lack of athleticism, however this year will be different. They have little to no athletes and Jordan is going to have to guard someone a hell of a lot quicker and faster than him. Couple that with the fact that defenses are now going to treat Jordan as Iowa's second best offensive weapon, so his shots are going to continue to get tougher and tougher. He's going to have to do all of that with an injured hip.

That was always true, hip or no hip.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa has a pretty rough stretch of games this year where they could realistically lose 7 in a row.

Texas Tech in Las Vegas
Probable loser of Creighton vs. San Diego State in Las Vegas
@ Syracuse
@ Michigan
vs. Minnesota
@ Iowa State
Cincinnati in Chicago.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Some hawk fans are saying Fran could take one or both Fran Jrs off scholarship.

Ha, the Hok fans have been saying that each year and it hasn't happened.

Technically, it is an option but will are there any legacy mid-major recuits Iowa left for Fran to take?
We know he would't save a roster spot on a transfer (like real P5 programs) if so.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I think it is going to be a lot like Naz. Just see how it unfolds.

• Agree
Reactions: Cydkar

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Lol This is a fantastic turn of events.
4 commits with 0 P5 offers among them
I don't want to go back and find the post, but I quoted last week a post from HR from someone who said there's no difference in Iowa City and Ames when comparing the ability to develop NBA talent.. lol

Reactions: DSMCy