Hawk fans gonna turn on Stanley

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
I was using sagarin

PeacefulFlakyCottontail-size_restricted.gif

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Maybe. But that doesn’t change the fact that, as of right now, Iowa absolutely does not control their own destiny.
How does the Big 10 work in regards to your record on either side of the conference? So if you lose to a team on the opposite side, does that work against you when trying to make the conference championship?

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
How does the Big 10 work in regards to your record on either side of the conference? So if you lose to a team on the opposite side, does that work against you when trying to make the conference championship?
I believe it’s overall conference record.

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

A conference loss is a conference loss, it doesn't matter if it's in your division or a crossover game. Head to head will matter for tie breaking purposes.

• Agree
Reactions: DSMCy

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Maybe. But that doesn’t change the fact that, as of right now, Iowa absolutely does not control their own destiny.

I agree with you, but if Iowa goes undefeated they will win the West. Book it. However, that is a very BIG IF. I think they lose to Wisconsin and could lose to Minny or NW too if they don't pick it up on offense.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I agree with you, but if Iowa goes undefeated they will win the West. Book it. However, that is a very BIG IF. I think they lose to Wisconsin and could lose to Minny or NW too if they don't pick it up on offense.

I do think Iowa will have their hands full with Minny. Yes, they are a paper tiger but the way Iowa has been playing they can definitely won that game. NW is bad, I just can't see Iowa dropping that one.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I do think Iowa will have their hands full with Minny. Yes, they are a paper tiger but the way Iowa has been playing they can definitely won that game. NW is bad, I just can't see Iowa dropping that one.

Not saying NW is very good, but they have our number and will be a handful for Iowa next week. Iowa's offense has been awful all year and has zero running game. It will be a very close game. Something like 13-10.

• Optimistic
Reactions: CyPunch and CyTwins

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I honestly think as bad as Nebraska is, that game is going to be super important. You know they'll want to play spoiler.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Not saying NW is very good, but they have our number and will be a handful for Iowa next week. Iowa's offense has been awful all year and has zero running game. It will be a very close game. Something like 13-10.
NW is horrible. They already lost to Nebraska. They are only slightly better than last year I’d say.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
A conference loss is a conference loss, it doesn't matter if it's in your division or a crossover game. Head to head will matter for tie breaking purposes.
Gotcha. So yeah Iowa doesn't control their own destiny.. all they can do is try and win out and hope for everything to work out in their favor. I still think Iowa drops 2, maybe 3 more games in the regular season. That Purdue game was inexcusable for their offense. Purdue's defense is like swiss cheese, ranking #101 in the nation, and Iowa was able to find the endzone two times.. one of those times was when Iowa got the ball at Purdue's 35 yard line after that late hit on the onside kick.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

That would be sad. NW is REALLY bad this year and Iowa never beats them in a close game...

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

I think the offense is just the reality of what it is with this year’s team. I don’t know if it’s a matter of “picking it up, I think it’s just not a good offense, with an absolutely terrible play caller, in a scheme that’s becoming more and more irrelevant every year in college football. And the defense, while still good, isn’t dominant enough this year to cover that up.

I don’t know the remainder of your schedule, but any team with a breath of offensive ability probably has a decent shot to win. I’d probably agree with your assessment, though. Will lose to Wisconsin and will drop at least one to Minnesota/NW/Nebraska.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Gotcha. So yeah Iowa doesn't control their own destiny.. all they can do is try and win out and hope for everything to work out in their favor. I still think Iowa drops 2, maybe 3 more games in the regular season. That Purdue game was inexcusable for their offense. Purdue's defense is like swiss cheese, ranking #101 in the nation, and Iowa was able to find the endzone two times.. one of those times was when Iowa got the ball at Purdue's 35 yard line after that late hit on the onside kick.

How much of the Iowa game did you watch?