Camping World Bowl- Who would go?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

GingerNinja

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2012
Omaha
ESPN has us going to the Camping World Bowl in Orlando, FL. It is a DEC 28th bowl. Who would go and do you think ISU fans would show up like the always do?
View attachment 67701
19789999.jpg

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I would think this wold be popular for a lot of families as well, being an opportunity to go to Disney.

I for one won't be able to go to a bowl game this year.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I don’t love the bowls where it’s just in a big city. I much prefer San Antonio or Memphis atmosphere.

but camping world is a safe bet this year.

• Agree
Reactions: Spanky

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I don’t love the bowls where it’s just in a big city. I much prefer San Antonio or Memphis atmosphere.

but camping world is a safe bet this year.
Agree.
Fwiw, the Orlando metro area is basically the same population as SA.

JDDDCy

Dec 20, 2017
Our family would likely go. Plenty of stuff to see and for us that wouldn't even include Disney.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
At this point in the season I'm sure the team has bigger goals, but if we end up at Camping World, I'd love to go to Florida.

• Agree
Reactions: SpokaneCY

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Agree.
Fwiw, the Orlando metro area is basically the same population as SA.

It not so much a population comparison issue, it is the location of the stadium/Orlando in general.

We got spoiled with SA as many of got hotels downtown and never had to drive until it was time to leave SA. This meant a ton of Cyclone fans everyone you went. Orlando's stadium isn't next to anything nice (from what I hear) and Florida is pretty much auto-centric so the fanbase will be spread-out everywhere kind of doing their own thing wherever their hotels are located.

That said, a lot to do in Orlando, flights should be reasonable (albeit spiked due to holiday travel) , and weather could be very nice. I think we'd have a really going showing.