Friday OT #1 - I'm Head of the Class, I'm Popular

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Both are comedic geniuses compared to Jim Carey - The Jerry Lewis of our generation (without the charity upside, too).

My taste in Carrey has run hot & cold. A few characters on In Living Color, liked it. He fit the parts well for The Truman Show and Eternal Sunshine (both which have deeper themes and less reliant on pure comedic elements) and I was impressed by "Man on the Moon."

Opposite end, I'm (at best) lukewarm to the Ace Ventura films; The Mask; or Liar, Liar.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
ORANGE FLAVOR IS ALWAYS IN THE TOP HALF!

Only to you and DH. The rest of us civilized humans are eating all the good colors out of the two packs and leaving orange for the neighborhood gremlins in a couple weeks.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
I love New York City. The first time I visited there, I got a feeling like, "Oh, this is what's been missing in my life." Maybe more of a confession than an unpopular opinion.

If you want an unpopular opinion, I say f#%@ the homeless.

Here's another. Calling alcoholism a disease is just placing the blame for your bad decisions on something besides yourself, absolving you of all culpability. "I can't help it, I have a disease." I call BS.

Who are the morons disliking these posts? Did you not read the subject line of the OP? It's talking about views you hold that are unpopular, so it's recognized that if you post in this thread, your opinion is unpopular. Isn't it sort of redundant under those parameters to hit your disagree button? That's gotta be some kind of double negative. If anything, you should hit the agree button, because you agree it's an unpopular opinion. Or maybe I'm the moron and by hitting your disagree button, you're really saying you agree with the unpopular opinion.

Last edited:

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Pets are the most useless thing humans created/conditioned.

Pets are not better than people, you are just antisocial and lack the empathy or skills to love something that isn't bred specifically to please you.

"We don't deserve dogs?" More like humans don't deserve to put up with the filth, obnoxious behaviors, liability, and overall burden that they bring to the world.

You wait on their hand and foot. You feed them, walk them, pick up their poop, and they don't do anything in return to you.

They should be banned from all restaurants, planes, grocery stores and public spaces.

Calling yourself a furmom or a parent to a furbaby is almost offensive to real parents.

Buying a service animal vest from Amazon so you can bring your dog anywhere is pathetic, disgusting and a disservice to real service animals everywhere.

I could keep going. Never saw a use for pets.

Also this of course doesn't apply to animals with a purpose like blind or epilepsy service dogs, sheep herding dogs, drug or bomb or search and rescue dogs, guard dogs etc. They serve a real purpose, Karen with her pet pug doesn't serve a purpose.

Man you suck

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I'm annoyed the 3 Cs in Pacific Ocean all have a different sound. How are we suppose to teach the English language to all the illegals with words like this?

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I'm annoyed the 3 Cs in Pacific Ocean all have a different sound. How are we suppose to teach the English language to all the illegals with words like this?

Nobody is asking you to teach, but I think it’s awesome you’re seeing these things.

Reactions: CySmurf

Ozclone

Dec 12, 2009
Pumpkin in general is overdone in society, and I blame it on pumpkin pie. I can at least palate pumpkin pie, whereas pecan is just terrible. How is that pie? It's bitter and nutty and has weird texture.

I agree that most pecan pie isn't great. But I have a recipe that has a little cream in it and toasts the pecans, game changer.

• Informative
Reactions: Angie