Friday OT #1 - I'm Head of the Class, I'm Popular

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I am wired like so many others. Do not like/appreciate bitter food/drink.

1..A hard no to coffee.
2. Most beer. Sometimes one of those really watery ones (MichUltra) on a hot day if it's ice cold is kind of nice.
3. And probably the most controversial.- Chocolate Ice Cream. It's just bitter to my palate. Oddly enough I can tolerate dark chocolate, but strongly prefer milk chocolate, of course.

I never get chocolate ice cream unless it's part of a dessert already (ever since I was about 8). I've been to Italy twice with my mom, and the ONLY kind of gelato she will get is chocolate. I found crazy artisinal gelato places for us in hopes she'd try some of the balsamic vinagrette raspberry basil type of stuff with me... and just plain old chocolate.

Can't handle dark chocolate, too bitter.

Reactions: MeanDean

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Pets are the most useless thing humans created/conditioned.

Pets are not better than people, you are just antisocial and lack the empathy or skills to love something that isn't bred specifically to please you.

"We don't deserve dogs?" More like humans don't deserve to put up with the filth, obnoxious behaviors, liability, and overall burden that they bring to the world.

You wait on their hand and foot. You feed them, walk them, pick up their poop, and they don't do anything in return to you.

They should be banned from all restaurants, planes, grocery stores and public spaces.

Calling yourself a furmom or a parent to a furbaby is almost offensive to real parents.

Buying a service animal vest from Amazon so you can bring your dog anywhere is pathetic, disgusting and a disservice to real service animals everywhere.

I could keep going. Never saw a use for pets.

Also this of course doesn't apply to animals with a purpose like blind or epilepsy service dogs, sheep herding dogs, drug or bomb or search and rescue dogs, guard dogs etc. They serve a real purpose, Karen with her pet pug doesn't serve a purpose.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Pets are not better than people, you are just antisocial and lack the empathy or skills to love something that isn't bred specifically to please you.

"We don't deserve dogs?" More like humans don't deserve to put up with the filth, obnoxious behaviors, liability, and overall burden that they bring to the world.

You wait on their hand and foot. You feed them, walk them, pick up their poop, and they don't do anything in return to you.

They should be banned from all restaurants, planes, grocery stores and public spaces.

Calling yourself a furmom or a parent to a furbaby is almost offensive to real parents.

Buying a service animal vest from Amazon so you can bring your dog anywhere is pathetic, disgusting and a disservice to real service animals everywhere.

Also this of course doesn't apply to animals with a purpose like blind or epilepsy service dogs, sheep herding dogs, drug or bomb or search and rescue dogs, guard dogs etc. They serve a real purpose, Karen with her pet pug doesn't serve a purpose.

Hot take:

This post is terrible.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

You are a terrible person.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

I agree with your last few takes, but the first 2 or 3 sentences are just 100% wrong. You should be banned for having those thoughts.

received_1702650303199264.jpeg

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Hot take:

This post is terrible.

You are a terrible person.

I agree with your last few takes, but the first 2 or 3 sentences are just 100% wrong. You should be banned for having those thoughts.

Before the hate train gets too far, I just want to say that we were asked for Unpopular opinions, not "Pineapple is bad on pizza" opinions.

I don't go around actively protesting animals or pets. I just straight up don't like them and the fake service animal thing is getting way out of hand.

• Winner
Reactions: NWICY and mdk2isu

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Nebraska is not a boring state to drive through. You just have to do it some place other than I-80, which was designed specifically to be fast (following flat Platte River valley, thus boring) so you didn't ***** about it taking too long.
This I agree with. Drove Hwy 26 into the panhandle of Nebraska on the way to Wyoming this past summer. I really enjoyed it.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
- Teachers are incredibly important. But we’re all supposed to kiss teachers asses, and they are not, on average, paid poorly for the requirements of their job. Plus, like any profession, a lot of them suck.

- With the exception of Empire strikes back and Star Wars, Star Wars movies aren’t very good.

- The sport of Football is interesting, but football games are pretty damn boring. There’s something like 18 min of actual action in a 3 hr NFL game.

-Catcher in the Rye is over rated.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Before the hate train gets too far, I just want to say that we were asked for Unpopular opinions, not "Pineapple is bad on pizza" opinions.

I don't go around actively protesting animals or pets. I just straight up don't like them and the fake service animal thing is getting way out of hand.

Except your post said they don't serve a purpose when there's evidence of it accentuating people's livelihoods.

I have plenty of empathy for all sorts of human angles and am not antisocial, but sign me up for interacting with animals vs. humans any day.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
- Teachers are incredibly important. But we’re all supposed to kiss teachers asses, and they are not, on average, paid poorly for the requirements of their job. Plus, like any profession, a lot of them suck.

- With the exception of Empire strikes back and Star Wars, Star Wars movies aren’t very good.

- The sport of Football is interesting, but football games are pretty damn boring. There’s something like 18 min of actual action in a 3 hr NFL game.

-Catcher in the Rye is over rated.
Going off the teacher thing. I think they are paid very well for working 8 months out of the year.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
-The celebration of “ope” is getting out of hand.

-Pastry stouts and milkshake IPAs have jumped the damn shark.

-Billie Eilish is absolute dog ****.

-All drugs and prostitution should be legal and regulated.

What the heck is "ope"? Sorry that I'm out of the loop.