Friday OT #1 - I'm Head of the Class, I'm Popular

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
A list:
  • Kum & Go breakfast pizza is superior to Casey's
  • Chick-fil-A, while delicious, is crazy overrated
  • Yellow mustard sucks
  • Country music is awful and there are a hell of a lot of rapey songs about taking girls out on back country roads, getting drunk, and...yeah
  • Pumpkin pie is just mush on crust
  • A sandwich isn't a sandwich unless it has chips on it
  • Taco pizza is a bad
  • If you order scrambled eggs and you are over the age of 7, you need to grow up.

I agree with many of these, but God bless you for eating chips on a sandwich.

I love chips on a sandwich, but I also always put french fries on a burger.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Fair enough. You should try a peanut pie then, same basic thing but with loads of peanuts versus pecans. However, I'd still argue that it can be too sweet.

I don't think I've ever even heard of peanut pie! I could give that a go - it wouldn't have that sort of bitter background flavor from the nut.

When I was a little kid, I'd usually go for French silk pie. As an adult, I find fruit pies much more appealing (lemon, lime, cherry). Lighter, do a better job with sweet/tart. I think that's another one of my issues with pecan and pumpkin pies - there's no tartness or anything to counterbalance the sweet.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Uh, what? You can't just pick two things and put them together to make a pie, that's not how this works Angie.

Mmm, someone get me a slice of mayonnaise cranberry pie.

Have you ever seen that bull**** on the menu at Village Inn? I don't understand why you would: a) make this, b) sell this, and c) CHOOSE to put raisins in anything you don't have to. It's insane to me that it's a thing.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I love chips on a sandwich, but I also always put french fries on a burger.
Yeah, I'm just not about that life. I like the texture difference in a sandwich. The crunch takes a sandwich to the next level. Change up the flavor of chip and there are no limitations on your sandwich. Fries can often be mushy, or at least not crunchy like a chip.

• Winner
Reactions: Angie

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
There is a lot to be said for McD's -- a McDouble or Quarter Pounder (no onions!) can really hit the spot. A double-quarter pounder is downright gourmet.

I think subconsciously we feel the taste/value adds to the experience. If I get a decent burger for 2 bucks vs. a decent burger for 15 I feel better about the 2 buck burger

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I can do nitro coffee. It tends to be sweeter and thicker, which I like. I can't do a hot, thin, watery bitter cup of caffeine.

I do, however, love coffee beers. Coffee Bender from Surly is wonderful.

I'll have to try that! I do love coffee ice cream - like, Burgies in Ames makes a jamocha shake that is amazing. I haven't seen a Baskin-Robbins in a decade, but their jamocha almond fudge was my favorite even as a little kid. I try to avoid too much ice cream to avoid heartburn, but throw some coffee in there and I don't even care anymore.

Yeah, I'm just not about that life. I like the texture difference in a sandwich. The crunch takes a sandwich to the next level. Change up the flavor of chip and there are no limitations on your sandwich. Fries can often be mushy, or at least not crunchy like a chip.

That is exactly it - it's the texture that makes it superior. It breaks up the mushy meat/cheese/bread combo. I get the side eye from people who are better at adulting than me when I do it at Panera, but I don't care. It's just way better to put chips on a sandwich.

• Agree
Reactions: Cybyassociation

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Non ****** coffee isn't too bad - Starbucks coffee is gross. Something from a local shop is way better. Some craft beer is ok (try New Glarus bubbler when in season!) but most beer is gross

My list

• We should have a 4 day workweek with the same pay
  • Suburb/close access to city life > small town life
  • Chocolate is mostly meh

I'm sure I have more but I need more coffee first

Reactions: TexCyted and Angie

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I don't like The Beatles music and think they are over-rated. I get annoyed when people say that music wouldn't be what it is if it weren't for The Beatles. That's asinine, as if every band after them were giant fans and significantly impacted by them.

I'm a longtime Beatles fan, but I can respect reasonable views about the band being overrated or overhyped.

Reactions: Angie

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
A list:
  • Country music is awful and there are a hell of a lot of rapey songs about taking girls out on back country roads, getting drunk, and...yeah

This. Nazis, the Westboro Baptist Church, Hawk fans; I don't agree with, but I respect their right to say what they want. Country music makes me second guess the first amendment.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Movies that suck:

The Hangover - this lazily written bro-venture sucks.
Old School - ALL of the "comedy" in this movie is forced and it sucks.
American Pie - this is a stupid piece of sh&t and it sucks.
My guess would be you're more of a "Road to..." with Bing and Bob type of guy?

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
A list:
  • Kum & Go breakfast pizza is superior to Casey's Couldn't disagree more
  • Chick-fil-A, while delicious, is crazy overrated The hype is warranted, love me some Chik File A
  • If you order scrambled eggs and you are over the age of 7, you need to grow up. Guilty :p
See my responses above.

• Funny
  • Winner
Reactions: mdk2isu and Angie

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
The big 10 west (and big 10 in general) gets too much crap on here.

The star spangled banner isn’t a good anthem and doesn’t sound good. Our anthem should be my country tis of thee. Or even battle hymn of the republic.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc and Angie

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Coffee taste like burnt water if you could burn water

When Ben Bruns told me the Mike Leach offense and the spread was a fad, I questioned his football knowledge. This was in 2008

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron