The infamous holding call

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009

See, I think the Marv Levy comparison should be for Ferentz. Campbell has only coached a P5 team for a very short time so he really hasn't had the opportunity to coach in many big games (Ferentz lost to McCarney's teams his first few years).

So when it comes to "winning" must games or "big" games, Ferentz has, what? Won every instate rivalry game since Campbell has become head coach at ISU? Is that it? Tell me when Ferentz has actually coached a team to a win in a game that really matters

In the past two weeks we all have seen that when a Ferentz-coach team had an opportunity to win a big game -- one even at home -- he just couldn't get the job done.

• Creative
Reactions: dexterhawk

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
See, I think the Marv Levy comparison should be for Ferentz. Campbell has only coached a P5 team for a very short time so he really hasn't had the opportunity to coach in many big games (Ferentz lost to McCarney's teams his first few years).

So when it comes to "winning" must games or "big" games, Ferentz has, what? Won every instate rivalry game since Campbell has become head coach at ISU? Is that it? Tell me when Ferentz has actually coached a team to a win in a game that really matters

In the past two weeks we all have seen that when a Ferentz-coach team had an opportunity to win a big game -- one even at home -- he just couldn't get the job done.

He won two big ten titles, a big 10 West title and an Orange Bowl.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
He won two big ten titles, a big 10 West title and an Orange Bowl.
He shared two B1G titles. The first one he avoided playing the National Champions in a conference game, the second one he avoided playing the other co-champion.
The West year he didn't have to play any of the East's top 4 teams.
Kansas and West Virginia have won an Orange Bowl +/- 2 years from Iowa's win.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
He shared two B1G titles. The first one he avoided playing the National Champions in a conference game, the second one he avoided playing the other co-champion.
And if the clones ever were invited to and won an orange bowl it would be far and away the biggest win in school history. Matt Campbell's statue would be unveiled opening day of the next season.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019

KF has coached more "big" games than the clones have ever been in.
Ferentz was a great coach in the 2000s
those were clearly his best years.

• Funny
Reactions: Rural

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
We need sub-division conference title winners in the Big10andRutgersMarylandMegalopolisCableRevenue..like: "Iowa won the Legends division of the west conference of the Big 10 in 2019!"

• Informative
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
What in this statement can you disagree in @TRYHARDER? There are nothing but facts laid out.

• Agree
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Hey it got them those cheap knock off rose bowl looking rings with B1G West Champs stamped on them. LOL.
I'm not bringing up the accomplishment argument. It's pointless because there is no argument to begin with. Any season that ends with an Orange bowl win is a great season for almost any team or coach. Can't imagine you wouldn't like to see an orange bowl trophy in the ISU trophy case.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I'm not bringing up the accomplishment argument. It's pointless because there is no argument to begin with. Any season that ends with an Orange bowl win is a great season for almost any team or coach. Can't imagine you wouldn't like to see an orange bowl trophy in the ISU trophy case.
Cool. Hook em.

ATCy

Jun 3, 2015
And if the clones ever were invited to and won an orange bowl it would be far and away the biggest win in school history. Matt Campbell's statue would be unveiled opening day of the next season.
You don’t think there’s gonna be a statue of Kirk?

• Funny
Reactions: Rural

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron