*** 2019 Basketball Tip-Off Party ... Oct. 17 ***

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Just a heads up that our annual men's basketball tip off party with the coaches will take place on Thursday, Oct. 17 at the District Venue in Ankeny, which is attached to Whiskey River.

7 p.m. start.

Will have a program to preview the season where fans can ask questions. Following the program, you guys are welcome to talk with the special guests, take pictures, etc.

This event will be family friendly so bring the kids!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Great event. The last time I recall some of the coaches and staff stuck around for a really long time. Plenty of opportunity to interact, talk, and see them as real people.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Yeah we've tried to incorporate their families the last few years. That's what I eventually want this to be. Fun deal.

Whenever I miss one of the CF parties, I kick myself for weeks for not doing a better job of making my schedule so I could make it.

These events are so special. No other fan base has access to the coaches like this. We shouldn't take it for granted.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Just another bump here. Really hoping for a decent crowd tomorrow. Doesn't seem like basketball is on my people's minds these days. Crazy the difference a few years makes when you get to mid-October.

Seriously, who would have ever guessed that having the best football team in the country for the months of October would do so much to tamp down our interest in basketball, even though we are have never sent more players to the NBA? o_O

Regardless, I will be there. Come January, when they are in full basketball mode, anybody who could have been here, but didn't attend will be kicking themselves. :mad:

This is such an awesome time of talking with coaches, staff, CF celebs, and fans. :D

• Friendly
Reactions: ChrisMWilliams

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Seriously, who would have ever guessed that having the best football team in the country for the months of October would do so much to tamp down our interest in basketball, even though we are have never sent more players to the NBA? o_O

Regardless, I will be there. Come January, when they are in full basketball mode, anybody who could have been here, but didn't attend will be kicking themselves. :mad:

This is such an awesome time of talking with coaches, staff, CF celebs, and fans. :D
I think we're heading down too. Maybe we'll see you there. :)

Reactions: ChrisMWilliams

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I think we're heading down too. Maybe we'll see you there. :)

Bringing your senior day treats?

Finally got some good weather. Could set up a pre-party tailgate in Ankeny!

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Had another great time at the party.
Great seeing Prohm's whole family there.

Funny story, coach said during a game break in Maui, of all the people to shoot a 3pt contest, they picked Tyrese's dad out of the crowd. He made the last shot and was going crazy on the floor. Said it took a long time for him to get back to his seat, he was celebrating so much.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Had another great time at the party.
Great seeing Prohm's whole family there.

Funny story, coach said during a game break in Maui, of all the people to shoot a 3pt contest, they picked Tyrese's dad out of the crowd. He made the last shot and was going crazy on the floor. Said it took a long time for him to get back to his seat, he was celebrating so much.

Every time I think of Prohm and his 3 kids under 5ish, I think his wife must be so tired ;)

Hope lots of people were able to come!

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Cliffnotes on what Prohm said for those who were there?
Conditt looks good, mentioned his dad.
Sounds like Zion has had an unbelievable summer.
Mentioned Prentiss and Larry.
Said Tyrese is always smiling, such a great team mate.

He did mention that perimeter shooting hasn't been outstanding and we need to hit the boards harder.

• Informative
Reactions: CloneGuy8

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
FWIW, he said his head coach at Alabama was here at the party too.

Help Support Us

Become a patron