Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Man there are a lot of zerks on a 527B ripper. Grill warming up, time to take advantage of this nice weather to grill again.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
New member of the IcSyU family. Wife labored all of 5 hours and pushed for 25 minutes for little man to join us yesterday. 9 months of nausea hell ALMOST made up for with an "easy" labor.

I'm a damn lucky dude.
Congrats!

And count me in on the centered people. It’s complete anarchy

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
A month or two ago we thought we would enjoy having a bird feeder. We have but apparently we are the best freaking buffet in the area as it gets emptied in a matter of a couple of days now.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
A month or two ago we thought we would enjoy having a bird feeder. We have but apparently we are the best freaking buffet in the area as it gets emptied in a matter of a couple of days now.

Everyone's fueling up for the long trip south.

Noticed robins were back around in bunches last week and some others that only seem to be around in the spring.

Reactions: dirtyninety

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Everyone's fueling up for the long trip south.

Noticed robins were back around in bunches last week and some others that only seem to be around in the spring.

Robins flock up in the fall but not all of them go south. There are big groups here all winter. You just don't see the single or two in your yard.

• Informative
Reactions: madguy30

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Robins flock up in the fall but not all of them go south. There are big groups here all winter. You just don't see the single or two in your yard.

Interesting...I've never seen a Robin in the winter. I'll keep an eye out this year.

I've seen a blue heron on trout streams the last few winters though which I thought was interesting. I suppose if there's enough open water they stick around.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Interesting...I've never seen a Robin in the winter. I'll keep an eye out this year.

I've seen a blue heron on trout streams the last few winters though which I thought was interesting. I suppose if there's enough open water they stick around.

Box is right, there are robins that over winter in the twin cities. A lady who does some investments for me lives in the TCs and her name is robin.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I'm sorry. My prayers are with the child.

Do you know what type of leukemia?

Came back as ALL - best possible outcome for an awful situation. Hoping to go home next week and then looking at up to two years of 1x month chemo treatments. And that's apparently the "easier" treatment path. But still, thankful that it sounds like they have a plan that involves them mostly getting to be at home and a highly effective treatment plan.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

we put in a feeder early summer and then moved it just a little ways away in like September cause all the little corn growing in the flower bed was annoying. Haven't filled it since. Not sure what the difference is. It's further from the house now and easily within view of the prior spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.