Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I’ve heard Pemsl status as a hawk is up in air

don’t be surprised if he pops up on a mid year transfer list. No idea how his eligibility would work though

@CyTwins you heard similar?
This seems weird. It seems like it's been his lifelong dream to be a fringe starter for the Hawks. He'll then rest on his laurels and making a decent living selling insurance to Iowa fans in the Dubuque area. Maybe go into a partnership with Riley Till.

If you tell me JorBo is transferring, my whole belief system will be shattered.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Couldn't blame Pemsl, he's behind Garza, Kriener, Nunge and Patrick at minimum. Plus Fran is recruiting Ogundele and Foster, even in Fran's patented 5 post offense, that doesn't leave him much PT.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Man, I don't usually feel sorry for the Hok Spinners on here but you guys have your work cut out for you with Fran and this program.

Frankly, I don't like these developments as I don't see how he stays competitive which means Barta will have a punchers chance at lucking into a decent coach. Would really have liked to see this play out more like Alford over the next 4-5 years. I think at best we have 2 more seasons of The Mad Franner.
If Fran misses on XF, and Joe W. leaves after the season, with the way his recruiting is shaping up this year, he's nearing Lickliter levels.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
There is no doubt their only selling point. Foster won’t be challenged for playing time at Iowa by better players. But the line change substitutions of MVC backups and the coach’s sons could be an issue.

I agree, this is a good pitch for Iowa to throw. Although it would baffle me if Foster selected Iowa, I kinda think it puts a perspective on his ISU recruitment.

Can Prohm change up his line up & strategy and give Foster good minutes, or will the Fosters think Prohm is more of a PG coach vs X's style of play?

I'm worried he ain't gonna pick us, but I'm always a glass-1/2-empty guy. MrCyTwins; any words of consolation you have? I've been a 'Clone 44yrs and it's rare that we land BlueChip In-State recruits; I can only think of Chuck Harmisson and Fred.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
This seems weird. It seems like it's been his lifelong dream to be a fringe starter for the Hawks. He'll then rest on his laurels and making a decent living selling insurance to Iowa fans in the Dubuque area. Maybe go into a partnership with Riley Till.

If you tell me JorBo is transferring, my whole belief system will be shattered.

Speaking of JorBo, he announced on Twitter that he will always stand with Hong Kong. I’m sure a Chinese response is forth coming. Big names like that don’t go unnoticed.

• Winner
  • Funny
Reactions: ATCy and jcyclonee

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I agree, this is a good pitch for Iowa to throw. Although it would baffle me if Foster selected Iowa, I kinda think it puts a perspective on his ISU recruitment.

Can Prohm change up his line up & strategy and give Foster good minutes, or will the Fosters think Prohm is more of a PG coach vs X's style of play?

I'm worried he ain't gonna pick us, but I'm always a glass-1/2-empty guy. MrCyTwins; any words of consolation you have? I've been a 'Clone 44yrs and it's rare that we land BlueChip In-State recruits; I can only think of Chuck Harmisson and Fred.

I think Foster will end up a Cyclone. I'm very confident actually

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

What about Haluska?

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Couldn't blame Pemsl, he's behind Garza, Kriener, Nunge and Patrick at minimum. Plus Fran is recruiting Ogundele and Foster, even in Fran's patented 5 post offense, that doesn't leave him much PT.

Fran no longer gives out equal playing time for twelve players?

• Funny
Reactions: heitclone