Iowa's love affair with gas station pizza

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
The Casey's breakfast pizza is one of the few things that makes the 11 AM football games enjoyable...well, that and a couple of Bloody Mary's...maybe a cinnamon roll too.
When I drove out east a few weeks ago I left at 4:15 am. When I needed gas I saw a Casey's and filled up there just so I could also get a slice of breakfast pizza.
The Casey's they opened near me in Omaha doesn't sell pizza :( Not sure why it's a massive store. Being in town they might feel it wouldn't be worth it.

4EverACyclone

Jun 18, 2011
Omaha, NE
When I drove out east a few weeks ago I left at 4:15 am. When I needed gas I saw a Casey's and filled up there just so I could also get a slice of breakfast pizza.
The Casey's they opened near me in Omaha doesn't sell pizza :( Not sure why it's a massive store. Being in town they might feel it wouldn't be worth it.

Was it one of the old Fantasy stations they bought? They told me they haven’t had time to convert them to a true Casey’s with the kitchen yet. It’s in the plans. Depending on where you live in Omaha, you have to hit up an original store for the pizza. Got 2 newer ones in western Omaha on 168th and another on Harrison and 180th.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Was it one of the old Fantasy stations they bought? They told me they haven’t had time to convert them to a true Casey’s with the kitchen yet. It’s in the plans. Depending on where you live in Omaha, you have to hit up an original store for the pizza. Got 2 newer ones in western Omaha on 168th and another on Harrison and 180th.
Yes, it's one of the Fantasy stations. There are some Saturday or Sunday mornings when I am out and about and a slice of breakfast pizza would really hit the spot.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
On a side note....

**** Pizza Ranch
I agree, but can't avoid going there when we pass nearby one, because DD insists. Since we are going to Kansas City, Colorado, St. Louis, etc. for softball tournaments, we end up visiting a few times every year. We have Cici's right here, and they're both basically the same restaurant in my opinion.

GrappleCy

Aug 7, 2018
I'm gonna be honest, I don't get the Casey's pizza love. It's good gas station pizza for sure, but at the end of the day it is still gas station pizza. It reminds me of Californians and In-n-Out. It's perfectly okay pizza, but not an amazing dish worth raving about and telling visitors to try out.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
The hashbrowns on it are such a nice touch. It's a nice switch up from Casey's breakfast pizza, which is obviously king. About the only thing I'll cheat on my diet for.
I'm not a huge fan of hashbrowns on pizza. I can do it, but if given the choice, I'll definitely pick the non hashbrown type.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I think Casey’s pizza is fine. But I don’t see the entire love of it.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
It’s not “gas station” pizza, it’s “convenience store” pizza. Not every Casey’s “conveniently” sells gas.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
ce4.jpeg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron