VIDEO: Aaron Rodgers loves Allen Lazard

canker2323

Oct 22, 2006
What Cheer, IA
Even though I've pulled for the other Chicago teams to varying degrees my whole life, living in Chicago for 15 years after leaving ISU actually pushed me away from being a Bears fan in a pretty major way. It's sooooooo easy to cheer for AL and the Packers. I'd compare the lack of grasp on reality of a typical Bears fan living in Chicago to the same level of delusion that Nebraska football fans have had for the past 15 years. It's pretty identical.

Those of you who dislike GB because you're Vikings fans, I have no clue about that. Now that I don't live in Chicago it will be easier for me to follow their games cheering on DM. I just couldn't get on board with millions of people in mass delusion/hysteria that was the local Bears fan base and especially local insane media.

Entitled, living in the past, pig ******* fans of Nebraska are not the same as Bears fans. Shame on you. Bears fans are the greatest people on earth.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Entitled, living in the past, pig ******* fans of Nebraska are not the same as Bears fans. Shame on you. Bears fans are the greatest people on earth.

I don't know man, I lived amongst Nebraska and Bears fans for the first 37 years of my life and they seem pretty identical. Bears media is even worse than Huskers.

If you want to know what fans are Iowa State fans...they're exactly like Chicago White Sox. Exact same chip.

• Agree
Reactions: burn587

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It's never fun watching the Pack win but I'll admit, AL's TD catch got this old lifelong Bears fan on his feet. It's always great seeing ISU kids do well in the league but seeing Lazard have success is an entirely different level. He could have went somewhere else and won more games, he stayed home and ended up being one of (probably THE) most important players in the football programs rebuild. He deserves this, can't describe how happy I am to see him getting the pub he's getting. The Rodgers comments, Sportscenter, SVP, he's earned it all. The best part, this is just the beginning for him.

No kidding. We’ve had few players that have picked Iowa State because they just love Iowa State. Allen did that.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Even though I've pulled for the other Chicago teams to varying degrees my whole life, living in Chicago for 15 years after leaving ISU actually pushed me away from being a Bears fan in a pretty major way. It's sooooooo easy to cheer for AL and the Packers. I'd compare the lack of grasp on reality of a typical Bears fan living in Chicago to the same level of delusion that Nebraska football fans have had for the past 15 years. It's pretty identical.

Those of you who dislike GB because you're Vikings fans, I have no clue about that. Now that I don't live in Chicago it will be easier for me to follow their games cheering on DM. I just couldn't get on board with millions of people in mass delusion/hysteria that was the local Bears fan base and especially local insane media.
I became a Packers fan in the early 90s but never really considered the Bears a rival and had no ill will towards them because of how terrible they were in that decade. I didn’t start hating the Bears until I lived in Chicago and it was all because of how delusional and fickle the fan base is. I’ve never seen anyone go from talking about how some guys that had a half ass decent game are going to be hall of famers to the next week calling for them to be cut, crucified and have their genealogical line removed from history. Listening to 670 the score was hilarious most days after a bears loss. The fans were damn near suicidal.

I had to move to Denver before I started to cheer for the Bears.

• Agree
Reactions: Peter and HFCS

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
I actually had to go watch it again, but you could argue he was down at the 1. Knee hit just before he crossed the endzone.

Im glad he got the score tho, cheers to him

Right, but he hadn't made the catch at that point. He doesn't secure it until he's a few feet into the endzone, so he can't be down outside the endzone.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia

There's one distinct difference between Bears fans and Nebraska fans. Nebraska is self ordained. Being from Chicago, I'm a fan, but not nuts enough to trash talk before proving it.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Bears "fans" put away their Pittsburgh Steelers gear and came crawling out of the woodwork in 1985 declaring themselves hardcore lifelong Bears fans. They all disappeared a couple of years later and have just been waiting for a reason to come scurrying out from under the fridge again to declare their never ending loyalty to Da Bears.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I'd compare the lack of grasp on reality of a typical Bears fan living in Chicago to the same level of delusion that Nebraska football fans have had for the past 15 years. It's pretty identical.

Ouch. I'm glad you qualified that with Bears fans living in Chicago. Maybe I'm not a true Bears fan because I love seeing AL succeed even if it means the Packers win. Honestly, I like Rodgers too. He's a baller and obviously recognizes Allen's value, I have to respect that.

Reactions: Peter

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
SIAP but I'm sure Rodgers can relate to Allen's journey. Rodgers fell way down the draft board and went well below where he should have based on his talent. He probably wonders how the hell Lazard became an UDFA.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Bears "fans" put away their Pittsburgh Steelers gear and came crawling out of the woodwork in 1985 declaring themselves hardcore lifelong Bears fans. They all disappeared a couple of years later and have just been waiting for a reason to come scurrying out from under the fridge again to declare their never ending loyalty to Da Bears.
The few Bears fans I know were true fans through the misery of the last few decades. I almost felt sorry for them...

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
I don't know man, I lived amongst Nebraska and Bears fans for the first 37 years of my life and they seem pretty identical. Bears media is even worse than Huskers.

If you want to know what fans are Iowa State fans...they're exactly like Chicago White Sox. Exact same chip.

Can confirm. Last week talk radio was saying they were gonna win the super bowl with Chase Daniel. The delusion is real.

Help Support Us

Become a patron