Arkansas will likely go 0-8 in SEC

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
The time to take any action on Baylor is when the Big 12 renews its Grant of Rights agreement. At that point, there is nobody forcing Baylors inclusion but themselves. If the other schools don't want to sign it with Baylor on board, then they won't be included.

Reactions: harimad

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Guess I don't know why Texas or TTU would fight to keep Baylor in the conference. I don't see the benefit to UT of having Baylor in the conference vs. an out of state team that UT can use to expand its exposure and brand.

Unless the SEC is downsizing, my bet would be that the Big 12 would NEVER dump Baylor for Arkansas, and give the SEC an opportunity to grab another recruiting/exposure foothold in Texas right next to another major population area. That risk is going to demand a bigger fish than bottom feeder Arkansas from the SEC...maybe TAMU or LSU (geographic fits), and neither of them have any incentive to come to the Big 12. Although recently, life hasn't been that stellar for TAMU in the SEC.

Folks here are letting their BU hate blind them. Whether it is fair or not, BU just isn't the damaged goods that some here seem to think they are. Sometimes it seems like Rhule has one foot out the door, and he has still been able to pull off a notable turnaround in 2+ seasons.

Last edited:

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
So if Arkansas in fact does go 0-8 in the SEC this year, and it's trending towards that direction, Chad Morris and the Razorbacks will be 4-20 the past two years with zero conference wins. Two of the four wins they will have would have come against FCS programs.

Do you fire Chad Morris in his second year as HC?

Maybe Chad could pull off a Gene Chizek move?

0-8 in conference two years in a row and third time since 2013... why do we want them then?

Every big time conference needs a Rutgers.

upload_2019-10-14_17-7-59.png

D

Deleted member 8507

Thumbs down to letting Arkansas into the Big 12. The collective IQ of the conference would drop by about 100 points, and I dont want to sit by their idiotic drunken fans screaming "C'mon, Hawgs" for 3 straight hours.
Why, we listen to idiotic drunken fans scream "Let's Go Hawks" for 3 straight hours. Just change one letter.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Its the two Arizona schools or bust on conference expansion, as far as I am concerned. They both might be willing to move with the money they are getting out of the Pac 12 tv deal.

But if its not them, just stay at 10 and spread the money around. We are fine either way.

• Dislike
Reactions: NoCreativity

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
Saw this little gem come through my twitter feed today.

EGzCoEoX4AEI-31

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Its the two Arizona schools or bust on conference expansion, as far as I am concerned. They both might be willing to move with the money they are getting out of the Pac 12 tv deal.

But if its not them, just stay at 10 and spread the money around. We are fine either way.
I can't see that happening either. The Big 12 is the least prestigious of the power 5 conferences. If the Big 12 adds anyone they are coming from a smaller conference.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Has anyone said "Brett Buliema" yet in this thread? Paul Rhoads there too under him for a stint. Surreal.
This will never happen, but I like my Arkansas brothers and sisters....That school and Missoui would be the best conference after ejecting Baylor and TCU. I kinda feel bad for West Virginia....I like them in the conference, but trips to Lubbock? As a fan, conference road-trip-ability ranks very high......Not as high as $$$ to the Athletic Departments that are paying salaries.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I can't see that happening either. The Big 12 is the least prestigious of the power 5 conferences. If the Big 12 adds anyone they are coming from a smaller conference.

We're not paid like the least prestigious. The Pac 12 is far behind us. Missouri is operating in the red even with their $EC money because they play in the eastern division. I could see Colorado or Missouri wanting to come back some day just to cut travel expenses and return to playing geographic rivals. The exorbitant cable contracts bubble is going to burst during the next round of negotiations.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
My guess is any talk of kicking Baylor out would be squashed pretty quickly by Texas, Baylor and Tech.

I think the TV Contract renewal and California law to pay players will slow down any realignment talk for a few years.

Would Texas, Tech, and TCU (who you meant) really quash it, though? When the Big 12 was being formed in the mid ‘90s Texas, A&M, and Tech didn’t even want Baylor (I think it was TCU they wanted back then). The problem was the governor at the time was a Baylor grad and wouldn’t sign off on the other three schools founding the Big 12 unless Baylor was part of it. That’s why, even after several scandals involving murder cover-ups and rapes we’re still stuck with them.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone