Arkansas will likely go 0-8 in SEC

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
For the second year in a row and third time since 2013.
I started to look at there records after reading a tweet that said a starting LB announced he is transferring mid season.
How did it get to this point? I wonder if fans are wishing for a break from the $EC. The money should be enough for them to keep put but I still think the Big 12 would be a great fit. Don’t get me wrong, I love the round robin but that is a great brand.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
A couple bad hires in a row will kill ya, they had a pretty good run with Houston Nutt and Petrino but the recruiting controversy that drove Nutt out might still have a lingering impact. He was tip toeing the rules, that might have been the only way they could compete in the SEC.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Missouri and Arkansas have no real rivals anymore. Rivals are a big thing. If nobody gives a rip about you, then it kind of sucks all season. They would both benefit from being in the Big 12 and having Rivals and being able to recruit Texas. One of the worst things about Nebraska moving from the Big 12. They gave up all the recruiting ground they used to have. Now they have to recruit against Michigan and Ohio state. In states that have less talent than Texas and Cali where they got a lot of kids from.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Not to go off the realignment rails too hard...

If I were the Big 12 (Bowlsby...?) I'd make a hard run at Arkansas to come back (to the new SWC). We could do 11 teams like the old Big T1E1N did. But only if it pencils out financially of course. The time to jettison Rapelor and add Arkansas (or anybody else) has come and gone. We're stuck with the rape bears.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Didn’t they lose to San Jose St? They’re not having success this year if in the Big 12 either, but long term it’s better business model for them to be in a Tex-Ark-Ok based division. Even better for them back when Missouri was in the Big 12 too.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Didn’t they lose to San Jose St? They’re not having success this year if in the Big 12 either, but long term it’s better business model for them to be in a Tex-Ark-Ok based division. Even better for them back when Missouri was in the Big 12 too.

Arkansas's most bitter rival is still Texas. Just like KU is for Mizzou...

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Not to go off the realignment rails too hard...

If I were the Big 12 (Bowlsby...?) I'd make a hard run at Arkansas to come back (to the new SWC). We could do 11 teams like the old Big T1E1N did. But only if it pencils out financially of course. The time to jettison Rapelor and add Arkansas (or anybody else) has come and gone. We're stuck with the rape bears.

While Arkansas would be more attractive than most of the other candidates discussed in expansion, I don't get excited about the prospects of adding any of these teams unless it means getting rid of Baylor.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Fayetteville + The Walton’s also adds to the appeal.

I like the kick Baylor out thought as well but that seems to have too many moving parts.

Reactions: cyfan21

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Thumbs down to letting Arkansas into the Big 12. The collective IQ of the conference would drop by about 100 points, and I dont want to sit by their idiotic drunken fans screaming "C'mon, Hawgs" for 3 straight hours.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I started to look at there records after reading a tweet that said a starting LB announced he is transferring mid season.
How did it get to this point? I wonder if fans are wishing for a break from the $EC. The money should be enough for them to keep put but I still think the Big 12 would be a great fit. Don’t get me wrong, I love the round robin but that is a great brand.

I'd definitely enjoy Mizzou and Arky in the Big12. More road trips for ISU fans. Could go back to 6 and 6 division and still play 9 of the 11 other opponents each year.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So if Arkansas in fact does go 0-8 in the SEC this year, and it's trending towards that direction, Chad Morris and the Razorbacks will be 4-20 the past two years with zero conference wins. Two of the four wins they will have would have come against FCS programs.

Do you fire Chad Morris in his second year as HC?

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA

I never understood the appeal of having more money, if it doesn't help you win. Isn't the point of increasing your athletic budget, is to make your program better? Schools seem to be worrying about only the money now, and don't care about whether it will actually lead to success, or not. Nebraska gets more money in the BIG, but it clearly hasn't helped their program. They lost their regional rivalries and their recruiting ties in Big 12 territory. Perhaps those things are more crucial to a football program than people realized?

Arkansas gets a ton of money, but they have to play an SEC west schedule, and don't really fit in the footprint of their conference, so is it really worth it? The money is not leading to success for them.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
While Arkansas would be more attractive than most of the other candidates discussed in expansion, I don't get excited about the prospects of adding any of these teams unless it means getting rid of Baylor.
My #1 choice is to kick out Baylor and add Colorado. I wonder how it works with the conference members agreement to kick someone out? Is it even possible legally?

Reactions: Cycho1