*** Official IOWA STATE VS West Virginia Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Can anyone help a brother out...?

I am at an Airbnb with no cable and am trying to figure out how to watch the game later. There is a Roku, but the ESPN channel doesn't work since they don't have that as part of their cable subscription. I'm not a Roku guy, is there some other way I can get ESPN? I am an Xfinity subscriber, so I can stream the game on my phone through Xfinity, but it would be nice to see it on a TV.

When all else fails, find a bar with lots of TVs.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I think I tried all of these options. I couldn't find an Xfinity app on the roku. The tv is older, so I don't think I can cast from my phone. When I pull up the ESPN app on the roku, there is content there, but when I stream it, I get a message saying the cable subscription doesn't include ESPN.

If that poops out on you download YouTubeTV or some other main streaming thing like that. They usually give you 7 days free then just delete it before you leave so you don’t get charged

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
This game will go a long way towards my comfort level with their consistency. I don't think WVU is good, but they aren't terrible. Be interesting to see how the team responds in just the 2nd road game.

That said:

ISU 34
WVU 28

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
If that poops out on you download YouTubeTV or some other main streaming thing like that. They usually give you 7 days free then just delete it before you leave so you don’t get charged

Thanks, I think I am good for now. It's kind of a choppy connection and I intermittently get a "maximum number of streams" error, but it will be better than not watching at all.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
28 degrees with wind chill. The wind is freaking howling outside. We are in a cabin on a lake and were supposed to go kayaking, but that ain't happening.

Was gonna camp and kayak a northernish Wisky river this weekend with a fly rod and see if any musky were around.

Mid 30s and snow showers kept me home and soaking in football all day.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
But that's good musky conditions

Not if you're not a hard-core musky or die kind of fisherman. :)

I'm more of a float around, flip something shiny around and stare off at other aspects of wildlife kind of approach.

Besides that the river got pushed way high and a front came through so really not worth the work.