Doyle cost Epenesa millions

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I'm sorry but if you don't think Epenesa is overrated based on his performance so far, then you're an idiot. Simple as that. I don't care if that hurts people's feelings.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Lol

ISU was ranked pre-season and now they’re 3-2. That’s the definition of “regressing”
Dexter...that's why you shouldn't have any ranking until October...this is more a case of too much early expectations on the Cyclones. They lost their two best skilled players and it has taken 4-5 games to find their identity for this year.
I'll go as far to say Iowa State has actually improved since the beginning of the year. The eye test certainly tells you that.
Iowa, on the other hand, after watching that s*** show last Saturday is the definition of "regression." You should really be worried Stanley still shows his true colors when pressured enough. He may suffer the same fate Saturday against Penn State that he did against Michigan. I would say that's true regression.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Iowa fans won't have to worry about Epenesa leaving for NFL at this rate though.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I wonder if Espenesa is a great athlete who can make plays when he comes in only some of the time and just do his thing (like last year), but not be able to master the game plan well enough to perform well for a whole game.

Espenesa reminds me more of Matt Leo than Uwazarike! Give me Zach Peterson!

Proton

SuperFanatic
Aug 19, 2019
Well this is in state rivals. You are not forced to click on them.

You’re right, of course.It’s just I know that Hawk fans get off on the attention they get here on CF. It feeds into their arrogance and the Super Bowl talk and all the rest. We’ll get a shot at them on the basketball court in two months.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Said this all summer about AJE and like others have said.. He will learn what it’s like to play an entire game not just 20 snaps on 3rd down. AJE was highest rated recruit in history of Iowa recruiting.. keep that in mind.

as for the PSU game.. I can see Iowa bouncing back given last week and it’s a night game vs ranked team which Iowa always wins those.. mostly.

it PSU blitzes a lot they can handle Iowa imo.. but if they sit back and play conservative they will lose. Penn State has beaten who?

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I will 2nd that espenesa is overrated

I think that he might be overrated, but only because he was "rated" a top 5 pick. He's a second round pick at least even if he doesn't play another down at iowa.

• Agree
Reactions: Cat Stevens

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Epenesa seems like a good guy and he has elite skills in some areas. I’m sure the Ferentz’s would love to see him back next year so it wouldn’t surprise me if they’re not putting him in a position to succeed.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Same objective as most of the threads twins starts in the ISR. To hit Iowa fans with some spin on facts and get under their skin then let it wander wherever it goes as long as it continues its purpose. Pretty much the entirety of the ISR, gotta love it.
Odd. I don’t remember asking you.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Dexter...that's why you shouldn't have any ranking until October...this is more a case of too much early expectations on the Cyclones. They lost their two best skilled players and it has taken 4-5 games to find their identity for this year.
I'll go as far to say Iowa State has actually improved since the beginning of the year. The eye test certainly tells you that.
Iowa, on the other hand, after watching that s*** show last Saturday is the definition of "regression." You should really be worried Stanley still shows his true colors when pressured enough. He may suffer the same fate Saturday against Penn State that he did against Michigan. I would say that's true regression.

Pre-season polls are pretty worthless.

Not worried about Stanley....he'll be fine against PSU.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It was brutal. I watched while I waited for the Iowa state game to start. It amazed me that Michigan can’t recruit a decent quarterback
Shea Patterson is absolutely pathetic.. And yes Iowa's defense is indeed good, but I've watched Shea since he was at Ole Miss and man he's brutal.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
ISU was ranked pre-season and now they’re 3-2. That’s the definition of “regressing”
Pre-season polls are pretty worthless
tenor.gif