Huxley man gifts carson king year supply of busch light

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Cool act of kindness but not sure I'd want 30 cases up front unless you plan to have a big party as the longer those sit the less they will taste fresh

• Agree
Reactions: BuffettClone

larry

Apr 11, 2006
iowa city
I like that in this article that it is made clear that Carson decided to donate the money after he got $600, not after getting thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars. The $600 was not an outrageous amount of money, but he decided to donate it anyway and THAT is when Busch and Venmo got on board. I think every other story I've read leaves out this salient point.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Year supply for a reasonably healthy lifestyle would be what? 100-200 cans?

What amount is giving someone a year's supply "hey here's a year supply at drinking problem level"? 1000 cans? 2000 cans? 3000? 3000 is approaching 10 a day without a break so definitely that.

I had this neighbor as a kid (incredibly nice guy) who was in his 70s or 80s and he might have put back 10 Keystone Lights a day. He had gigantic stacks of cases in his garage. He never seemed drunk at all and I doubt he consumed any other liquid. He was on my paper route and I'd stop by his back patio and watch the Cubs game with him sometimes, he'd polish off one or two just while I was there for a few innings.

I bet a year supply for him was in the ballpark of 2000 cans of Keystone Light.

Reactions: Proton

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012

What amount is giving someone a year's supply "hey here's a year supply at drinking problem level"? 1000 cans? 2000 cans? 3000? 3000 is approaching 10 a day without a break so definitely that.

I had this neighbor as a kid (incredibly nice guy) who was in his 70s or 80s and he might have put back 10 Keystone Lights a day. He had gigantic stacks of cases in his garage. He never seemed drunk at all and I doubt he consumed any other liquid. He was on my paper route and I'd stop by his back patio and watch the Cubs game with him sometimes, he'd polish off one or two just while I was there for a few innings.

A year supply for me now is drastically different than it would have been in my mid-twenties like I believe Carson is. The article says the guy figured about 2 cans a day, and I wouldn't even come close to that nowadays. Knowing Carson like I do (only through articles I've recently read) I'm guessing he'll be sharing a strong portion of this beer too.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

I don't live as healthy of a lifestyle as I should but 100-200 cans is less than 4 cans a week. if you went with 200. On an average week I probably drink 6-8 beers a week (I sometimes probably do that in 1 day at a tailgate) and I mostly drink craft beers on top of that so that's definitely more calories and alcohol content than Busch Light.

It's not uncommon for guys that drink domestics to toss back a 6 pack or more a day and not even get a buzz off it. I've heard of guys who would go through a 12 or 18 pack like nothing some times in 1 setting.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I don't live as healthy of a lifestyle as I should but 100-200 cans is less than 4 cans a week. if you went with 200. On an average week I probably drink 6-8 beers a week (I sometimes probably do that in 1 day at a tailgate) and I mostly drink craft beers on top of that so that's definitely more calories and alcohol content than Busch Light.

It's not uncommon for guys that drink domestics to toss back a 6 pack or more a day and not even get a buzz off it. I've heard of guys who would go through a 12 or 18 pack like nothing some times in 1 setting.

Yeah I think 200-400 might be the limit of a year's supply without admitting it's pretty horrible for almost anybody's health. The 700-800 the guy picked is probably about the limit of year supply without it going into the 'drinking problem' or 'health problem' territory.

Imagine if a year's supply of McDonalds was 2 meals a day, pretty easy to see how that "prize" would come with a not-so-hidden cost. Like others said, giving a guy in his early 20s this prize probably just means he and his friends will have some cheap Busch Light parties.

*Note that I'm only postulating any of this out of fun curiosity, not telling anybody how to live or remotely upset about anything. Seems this whole ordeal has people pretty sensitive. Also some people surprisingly sensitive if others don't love the taste of Busch Light.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Yeah I think 200-400 might be the limit of a year's supply without admitting it's pretty horrible for almost anybody's health. The 700-800 the guy picked is probably about the limit of year supply without it going into the 'drinking problem' or 'health problem' territory.

Imagine if a year's supply of McDonalds was 2 meals a day, pretty easy to see how that "prize" would come with a not-so-hidden cost. Like others said, giving a guy in his early 20s this prize probably just means he and his friends will have some cheap Busch Light parties.

*Note that I'm only postulating any of this out of fun curiosity, not telling anybody how to live or remotely upset about anything. Seems this whole ordeal has people pretty sensitive. Also some people surprisingly sensitive if others don't love the taste of Busch Light.

Someone already kind of tried that actually