An invitation to Cyclones coming to Morgantown

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

sunedogsc

Nov 24, 2015
We hope to see a lot of Cyclones in Morgantown this Saturday. My wife and I tailgate in the Blue Lot (right next to the stadium) and we really enjoy hosting opposing fans. It's great to make new friends and talk football. I've been extending these invitations to opponents ever since we joined the B12, and we've had some great turnouts. Your fans travel very well and we've had a few dozen join us in past years.

So I hereby invite any and all Cyclones to join us Saturday for some good food, cold beer and some traditional clear Appalachian adult beverage. You can join our tradition, The Fire Water Circle, where we form a big circle, Mountaineers and guests together arm in arm, sing Country Roads and pass the clear stuff around. We'd be impressed if you'd sing your fight song for us. We'll do The Circle about an hour before kick-off. Then you need to think about going in the stadium because you don't want to miss our band entrance. The Pride of West Virginia entrance is like no other.

To find us, start at the 3 flag poles in front of Ruby Hospital. If you stand with your back to the flag poles, walk in a straight line towards the closest gate of the stadium. That is the North Gate. A third of the way there you will cross an access road that splits the Blue Lot. We try to park in the end space on the stadium side of the access road. If we miss out on that spot, we should be right around there somewhere. White Mercedes SUV. Ask anyone around for John and Crystal from South Carolina.

Or, if you're a techie, plug these coordinates into your pocket wizard: 39°39'9" N 79°57'23" W. That should get you within yards of our party.

Come see us!

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
To find us, start at the 3 flag poles in front of Ruby Hospital. If you stand with your back to the flag poles, walk in a straight line towards the closest gate of the stadium. That is the North Gate. A third of the way there you will cross an access road that splits the Blue Lot. We try to park in the end space on the stadium side of the access road. If we miss out on that spot, we should be right around there somewhere. White Mercedes SUV. Ask anyone around for John and Crystal from South Carolina.

I won't be making the trip, but let me just say I loved these directions

• Agree
Reactions: cyence and aauummm

superiorcyclone

Dec 12, 2013
We hope to see a lot of Cyclones in Morgantown this Saturday. My wife and I tailgate in the Blue Lot (right next to the stadium) and we really enjoy hosting opposing fans. It's great to make new friends and talk football. I've been extending these invitations to opponents ever since we joined the B12, and we've had some great turnouts. Your fans travel very well and we've had a few dozen join us in past years.

So I hereby invite any and all Cyclones to join us Saturday for some good food, cold beer and some traditional clear Appalachian adult beverage. You can join our tradition, The Fire Water Circle, where we form a big circle, Mountaineers and guests together arm in arm, sing Country Roads and pass the clear stuff around. We'd be impressed if you'd sing your fight song for us. We'll do The Circle about an hour before kick-off. Then you need to think about going in the stadium because you don't want to miss our band entrance. The Pride of West Virginia entrance is like no other.

Or, if you're a techie, plug these coordinates into your pocket wizard: 39°39'9" N 79°57'23" W. That should get you within yards of our party.

Come see us!
Very cool invite. Thank you!

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
We may just take you up on the invite, we have 10 coming for the game, and plan on tailgating in the green lot.
How far is the green lot from the stadium? I see by looking at the map, we will have to go through the blue tailgating lot to get to the stadium. So we should be in the general area as we walk to the game.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm and RLD4ISU

One guy for Cy

Sep 24, 2019
Sounds fishy. Looking to murder people?

Come see us!
Very cool invite man- I can make the trip out there this year, but plan on going in 2 years when we return.
Ignore the haters on this board...the real Cyclones salute you!

Taz4President

Oct 3, 2013
Austin TX

Come see us!
Much obliged, sir. See you Saturday.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

sunedogsc

Nov 24, 2015
How far is the green lot from the stadium? .

Green Lot is in one side of hospital campus and Blue Lot is on the other. But it’s not far. Maybe 1/2 mile. Be advised — will probably take you a while to make that walk because WVU fans will be stopping you to wish you well and offer food and drink. Bring your 10 and hang out with us. At the very latest, be there for the Shine Circle. But earlier would be better.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Green Lot is in one side of hospital campus and Blue Lot is on the other. But it’s not far. Maybe 1/2 mile. Be advised — will probably take you a while to make that walk because WVU fans will be stopping you to wish you well and offer food and drink. Bring your 10 and hang out with us. At the very latest, be there for the Shine Circle. But earlier would be better.

Is the shine homemade?