Think we showed who was better last week!

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Compared to Iowa is what I meant. I do think we prepare more for conference games though and I'll stand by that
Reality is that nobody preps for a game more than a week in advance. Most coaches I know or have listened to thrive on repetition. Play a game then wash rinse repeat. All that changes is specific game plan. You are really disparaging your own coach and staff by thinking otherwise. The only advantage to an extra Bye week would be getting your team healthy. I doubt there is any real advantage other than that.

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Compared to Iowa is what I meant. I do think we prepare more for conference games though and I'll stand by that
I don't know either of us can prove or disprove about prep time regarding in/out conference for both team. It is the coaching staff to be prepared for every game. That said the body of work seems to indicate your hypothesis has some truth.

• Agree
Reactions: breck53 and CyTwins

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Your trolling has gotten so bad your fellow Cyclone posters can't even pick up on it anymore. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

giphy.gif

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Reality is that nobody preps for a game more than a week in advance. Most coaches I know or have listened to thrive on repetition. Play a game then wash rinse repeat. All that changes is specific game plan. You are really disparaging your own coach and staff by thinking otherwise. The only advantage to an extra Bye week would be getting your team healthy. I doubt there is any real advantage other than that.

The actual bye week I think is also used for cleaning up fundamentals and trying to strengthen weaknesses.

Imo ISU didn't do a very good job of that pre-Iowa as many of Iowa's bigger plays were due to Iowa earning it but also ISU getting out of assignments.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Hasn't he fumbled in every game this year so far?
Sorry for the late reply, and I think technically yes, he's been credited with 3 fumbles. However one of the fumbles came from poor blocking on his blind side and the defender hit Brock while he was throwing the ball. Brock's arm went forward and the pass even went 10 yards, however UNI scooped the ball up and it was called on the field a fumble with a TD. The one against ULM happened because one of the RB's, I think Kene Nwangu, had miscommunication with Brock and tried holding onto the ball too long on a read option play.

All of those things need to get cleaned up and all go down as fumbles and should be a force of emphasis for Brock for the rest of the year.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Thread title needs to be updated to '...two weeks ago' since clearly it's not going away.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
So what are the predictions for this weekend?

I have 23-20 in the Iowa/Michigan game but can't decide on a winner. I don't know much about TCU so won't predict that one, but from what I see I like ISU at home this weekend.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So what are the predictions for this weekend?

I have 23-20 in the Iowa/Michigan game but can't decide on a winner. I don't know much about TCU so won't predict that one, but from what I see I like ISU at home this weekend.
Michigan 24
Iowa 20

Iowa State 27
TCU 23

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Another game, another lost fumble by Brock. Becoming a normal thing now.
Sorry I'm late to this.. Brock has to find a way to overcome fumbling when getting hit on the blind side. I don't know if there is anything he can do on those type of plays when the LT gets completely beat, but something has to get tuned up there. Wasn't really going to matter in the grand scheme of things I don't think we score with that much time left but still.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I think this is petty spot on. Both moderately low scoring close games. Maybe a garbage TD late that makes it look less of a nail biter than it was.
Maybe! I think it could either be that, or Michigan scores late to go up by 4 to win the game instead of tying it with a field goal. Either way I think both of these games are going to be close and come down to some sort of score to win the game late in the 4th quarter.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Sorry for the late reply, and I think technically yes, he's been credited with 3 fumbles. However one of the fumbles came from poor blocking on his blind side and the defender hit Brock while he was throwing the ball. Brock's arm went forward and the pass even went 10 yards, however UNI scooped the ball up and it was called on the field a fumble with a TD. The one against ULM happened because one of the RB's, I think Kene Nwangu, had miscommunication with Brock and tried holding onto the ball too long on a read option play.

All of those things need to get cleaned up and all go down as fumbles and should be a force of emphasis for Brock for the rest of the year.

Yep, if he wants to take that next step then learning to limit turnovers will be key. I understand he doesn't have the best pass protection though.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Maybe! I think it could either be that, or Michigan scores late to go up by 4 to win the game instead of tying it with a field goal. Either way I think both of these games are going to be close and come down to some sort of score to win the game late in the 4th quarter.
I could see it. I'd be pretty happy with an unexpected 2002 style beat-down in the Big House though.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yep, if he wants to take that next step then learning to limit turnovers will be key. I understand he doesn't have the best pass protection though.
I definitely agree. He's a talent but for him to get where he wants to be is to protect the ball better and make some better decisions. He's still young and with his mentality and drive I'm sure those things will get cleaned up!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron