****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Could it also be, the staff just no longer thinks he is that good? Or just doesn't see him as the right fit for what they are looking for?

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Lard was maybe the most talented recruit we had during that era.

Beverly and Talley were desperation "warm bodies" when we struck out on better options.

I think the situation is we do not have to go with guys like this now.

The roster is pretty balanced and stocked with talent. We do not have many spots open. We can afford to be choosy and zero in on that guys that we want.
Talley was more than a warm body, although could not get on the same page as the staff.

I hope it turns out we’re sitting as well with other options as it seems. I think we sign two more this fall if we can get commitments from guys like Foster, Grant-Foster, or Walton.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Talley was more than a warm body, although could not get on the same page as the staff.

I hope it turns out we’re sitting as well with other options as it seems. I think we sign two more this fall if we can get commitments from guys like Foster, Grant-Foster, or Walton.

"Good" Lard and "good" Talley were both pretty nifty players.

Beverly and Brase were desperation warm bodies.

But we knew the risks with all of them -- discipline, poor grades, injury, etc. -- all of that. Being healthy and available is a skill and part of your allure (or lack) as a player.

We are Iowa State and we are always going to need to take some risks, but we are at a place right now where we do not have to do that as much as we might normally.

• Agree
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Watch the newest CFTV with Haliburton, he even says it himself. It's not a secret and never has been. Not sure why you feel the need to come after Jared.
We were told last year that they had better chemistry than the year prior. Chemistry talk is worthless in early October. How this team handles wins and losses will tell us what we need to know.

I'm excited for the team but it's not hard to ignore fluff.

D

Deleted member 8507

Maybe they'll be wrong, but it feels like too many people picking Iowa for there not to be some substance to it.
Those picks were all made 1-2 years ago. Although I am sure nothing has changed in the last 2 years that would influence the decision of an 18 year old.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Those picks were all made 1-2 years ago. Although I am sure nothing has changed in the last 2 years that would influence the decision of an 18 year old.

I am aware of when the picks were made. I'm also aware of some of their more recent comments about their picks.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Foster to Iowa would suck but nothing like HB. If that were to happen, it'd be great seeing the Hawk fans flip flop on him, since he cooled on Iowa, most Hawk fans I know are pretending he's just not that great.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
We were told last year that they had better chemistry than the year prior. Chemistry talk is worthless in early October. How this team handles wins and losses will tell us what we need to know.

I'm excited for the team but it's not hard to ignore fluff.

I remember the conversation early in the season last year was about how good our chemistry was. I remember CW says on a podcast that watching them play was "joyous."

That was before Lindell came back, however, and some losses piled up.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron