All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The fumble inside Iowa's 25 on a drive that would've likely put them up 10-3 or possibly 14-3. The slip that ended up taking ISU out of FG range late. Missing an open TE in the back of the end zone. The INT on 4th down late deep in Iowa territory.
Purdy can't fumble there, that's on him. Him slipping on a wet field is not a concern and he would've gotten tackled anyway. The TE was not open he would've had to make a perfect throw and he did not. And he did not have a INT in the Iowa game.

• Winner
Reactions: Cat Stevens

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Purdy can't fumble there, that's on him. Him slipping on a wet field is not a concern and he would've gotten tackled anyway. The TE was not open he would've had to make a perfect throw and he did not. And he did not have a INT in the Iowa game.

Right, Koerner batted it down instead of catching it to save Iowa about 20-25 yards of field position. Not an INT. My mistake.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The fumble inside Iowa's 25 on a drive that would've likely put them up 10-3 or possibly 14-3. The slip that ended up taking ISU out of FG range late. Missing an open TE in the back of the end zone. The INT on 4th down late deep in Iowa territory.
Is that on him or the sod?

• Funny
Reactions: Gonzo

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Right, Koerner batted it down instead of catching it to save Iowa about 20-25 yards of field position. Not an INT. My mistake.

I blame myself for asking you a question and expecting an answer that wasn’t this stupid.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You asked what critical moments Purdy struggled. On a big 4th down, late, in Iowa territory he threw a pass to one of our safeties.
There was miscommunication between him and the WR lol. My lord if you're picking out small moments that Purdy has struggled you're just reaching dude. You know what a struggling stat line is? 8-24 for 45 yards and an interception. 18-49 for 200 yards and 2 interceptions. Those stat lines are from the QB of the University of Iowa and are pathetic, but you're arguing that a quarterback that had 2 bad plays in a game isn't impressive.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
You asked what critical moments Purdy struggled. On a big 4th down, late, in Iowa territory he threw a pass to one of our safeties. Not sure what there is to disagree with there.

I imagine you totally meant that message to be taken seriously when you referenced an interception that didn’t exist. I am sure Purdy missed a throw in the 1st qtr sometime that you also will determine was a “critical moment”.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I only saw the score of the ISU game, but that was impressive. Seems like your offense absolutely lit it up. Great win and performance Clones.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
There was miscommunication between him and the WR lol. My lord if you're picking out small moments that Purdy has struggled you're just reaching dude. You know what a struggling stat line is? 8-24 for 45 yards and an interception. 18-49 for 200 yards and 2 interceptions. Those stat lines are from the QB of the University of Iowa and are pathetic, but you're arguing that a quarterback that had 2 bad plays in a game isn't impressive.

I've said many times that Purdy is a good QB, never said he wasn't impressive. Also said that he's played against 1 legit, top-20 defense in all of his starts (ours), and in that game - between the fumble, the missed TD pass, the slip, the should-have-been INT - he struggled on key plays that cost his team. He's a good QB who's played great against bad defenses. You seem really overly sensitive about this. I have no problem calling out Stanley when he makes mistakes or has a bad game.

• Funny
Reactions: CyPunch

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I've said many times that Purdy is a good QB. Also said that he's played against 1 legit, top-20 defense in all of his starts (ours), and in that game - between the fumble, the missed TD pass, the slip, the should-have-been INT - he struggled on key plays that cost his team. He's a good QB who's played great against bad defenses. You seem really overly sensitive about this. I have no problem calling out Stanley when he makes mistakes or has a bad game.
You're picking a few mistakes and blanketing them over an entire game.. I have no problem with saying that Purdy might've made a few errors but overall he picked apart Iowa and had a solid game. He threw for 271 yards, 1 TD, for around 72%. Outside of a few plays, he was extremely solid.

Reactions: GTO and CyPunch

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
You're picking a few mistakes and blanketing them over an entire game.. I have no problem with saying that Purdy might've made a few errors but overall he picked apart Iowa and had a solid game. He threw for 271 yards, 1 TD, for around 72%. Outside of a few plays, he was extremely solid.
Gonzo knows this.

He’s trolling harder and harder with each passing day.