Bankston

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Yep. Probably the biggest need on the team for next year IMO. Losing Lima and Johnson will be tough to replace. Lee looks pretty good, and hopefully Singleton too, but we definitely will need a transfer or JUCO on the interior DL.
I wonder if Uwazurike moves inside on more downs.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Yep. Probably the biggest need on the team for next year IMO. Losing Lima and Johnson will be tough to replace. Lee looks pretty good, and hopefully Singleton too, but we definitely will need a transfer or JUCO on the interior DL.

I wonder if Uwazurike moves inside on more downs.

Roberson and Lee will get plenty of snaps next year
Agree with all of this.

Lee only played a series with the backups on Saturday; he may have been banged up. He was replaced by 300lb RS-Fr Matt Seres from Hudson, and Robertson stayed outside. Without a new addition, next year is looking like Lee, Josh Bailey, and Seres, with maybe Robertson or Uwazurike moving over. Did Josh Bailey pick up an injury?

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
Josh Bailey will be pretty decent next year too. Robertson has played a lot inside as well. With lee, Bailey and robertson we will be solid. None are game changes but should be solid

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Bankston is probably a plug and play starter and maybe an impact player and at the very least quality depth. This a definite need.
Yes, but “definite need” has a different definition nowadays than it did under the past...several coaches.

As in, since Earle Bruce.

Reactions: ISUMojoMan

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Understood and agree this staff is much better - I just think Bankston reduces the chance of the defensive front dropping off.
Understood that myself. I was just remarking on how nice it is now that a “need” doesn’t reflect a gaping hole on the roster. I could get used to this! :)