All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Purdy's good against really bad defenses. He's started against one legit D, ours, and pretty much folded at the critical moments. He's stacked up some really nice stats but need to see more out of him against a good defense before he cracks the lineup. Stanley has played against and shredded top defenses. Big difference.
Yeah Stanley sure shredded our defense alright. Lol

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
#8 Wisconsin,,,,,,Minnessota is hanging out with ISU in the "others receiving votes" group

For reference

28.57% of the West ranked

30% of the Big 12 ranked
Lol there are two Big 10 West teams that are ranked.. There is also a huge gap between Iowa State and Minnesota.

• Agree
Reactions: CyPunch

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Lol there are two Big 10 West teams that are ranked.. There is also a huge gap between Iowa State and Minnesota.

Dex has turned into a real **** poster. You can no longer expect anything from him. It’s especially pathetic when you realize he logged in here to post that **** about a team he’s not even a fan of as soon as he woke up.

boy that’s a real quality of life.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Dex has turned into a real **** poster. You can no longer expect anything from him. It’s especially pathetic when you realize he logged in here to post that **** about a team he’s not even a fan of as soon as he woke up.

boy that’s a real quality of life.
5 votes compared to 31. And I actually feel bad for you if you think Minnesota is even close to as good as Iowa State. Take off your black and gold glasses for this conversation. We'd probably be a 13.5 point favorite on a neutral field against them.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
5 votes compared to 31. And I actually feel bad for you if you think Minnesota is even close to as good as Iowa State. Take off your black and gold glasses for this conversation. We'd probably be a 13.5 point favorite on a neutral field against them.
Keeping it close against the 14th ranked Hawks boosted ISU's vote total for sure

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Keeping it close against the 14th ranked Hawks boosted ISU's vote total for sure
Lol I think it's more of a testament that Iowa was able to come out on top against a good Iowa State team on the road. That's why Iowa is 14th. They rightfully deserve to be so. Had Iowa State not played incredibly poor against UNI offensively, we'd be ranked in the 20's right now.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Lol I think it's more of a testament that Iowa was able to come out on top against a good Iowa State team on the road. That's why Iowa is 14th. They rightfully deserve to be so. Had Iowa State not played incredibly poor against UNI offensively, we'd be ranked in the 20's right now.
If ISU beats Baylor they'll probably be ranked. I think ISU is pretty darned good and will contend in the Big 12.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If ISU beats Baylor they'll probably be ranked. I think ISU is pretty darned good and will contend in the Big 12.
I knew you were just trolling lol. Yes Iowa State is good and so is Iowa. That game against Wisconsin later on this year for Iowa just got a wholeeee lot interesting.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Mississippi St. speaks for itself. Best D in the country.

ISU also has a really good defense and Stanley was clutch... the 3rd down rushes to get the first down, the 3rd and 22 laser, throwing darts downfield, the TD rush, zero turnovers. Against Iowa's D, which is just as good and the best Purdy has faced, Purdy struggled at the crucial moments. He's played well against bad defenses (though he's still fumbling and throwing picks), he's just gotta take that next step and shine in the crucial moments against top defenses.

What critical moments did Purdy struggle in? Seems to me he drove ISU for a 4th qtr FG drive to take the lead, then should have done it again if it wasn’t for a blown call. He didn’t get another opportunity.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
What critical moments did Purdy struggle in? Seems to me he drove ISU for a 4th qtr FG drive to take the lead, then should have done it again if it wasn’t for a blown call. He didn’t get another opportunity.

The fumble inside Iowa's 25 on a drive that would've likely put them up 10-3 or possibly 14-3. The slip that ended up taking ISU out of FG range late. Missing an open TE in the back of the end zone. The INT on 4th down late deep in Iowa territory.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
The fumble inside Iowa's 25 on a drive that would've likely put them up 10-3 or possibly 14-3. The slip that ended up taking ISU out of FG range late. Missing an open TE in the back of the end zone. The INT on 4th down late deep in Iowa territory.
8-17 down the stretch