LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
They just need to make this an annual home/home game... but most likely will never happen because of Gophers.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
images

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
They just need to make this an annual home/home game... but most likely will never happen because of Gophers.

Back in the late 80's early 90's we did some with them. Great road trip for Cyclone fans. I went to the game in Williams Arena where Minny hit the scoreboard inbounding the ball to seal the victory for ISU. My rampant cheering during the game was not well received by the Minnesota lady sitting ahead of me during the game.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Back in the late 80's early 90's we did some with them. Great road trip for Cyclone fans. I went to the game in Williams Arena where Minny hit the scoreboard inbounding the ball to seal the victory for ISU. My rampant cheering during the game was not well received by the Minnesota lady sitting ahead of me during the game.
I was in Florida during that game, but I did see ISU play Minnesota in Hilton the year before!

Reactions: NWICY

Sighclone44

Aug 18, 2012
Was there as well, although I was just 6

Reactions: NWICY

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

Any fellow Cedar Rapids residents want to find a way to sneak into this? I assume they’ll play at like Coe or Mt. Mercy.

Reactions: huntt26

scottwv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 18, 2011
Melrose Iowa
Are these actual scrimmages? Situational scenarios against another team (game tied 2 minutes left, etc)? both?

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Nice to see ISU playing two fairly high placed BIG teams. This can only pay dividends for Clones. Also comforting to see Iowa adjusting to Fran's MAAC roots and "easing" his team into the season.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
Scrimmages are so early, returning players will likely do best. Glad we at least had the Italy trip to prepare.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
FYI ISU plays UofMinn Saturday and a whispers of ISU sleeper potential note from a Minny reporter.

@Marcus_R_Fuller Another note on Big 12 hoops. #Gophers play at Iowa State on Saturday in a secret scrimmage closed to the public and media. Cyclones are seventh in their league's preseason poll, but I'm hearing they're a strong sleeper pick to contend in the upper half. Should be a good test.

Reactions: CyTwins

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
FYI ISU plays UofMinn Saturday and a whispers of ISU sleeper potential note from a Minny reporter.

@Marcus_R_Fuller Another note on Big 12 hoops. #Gophers play at Iowa State on Saturday in a secret scrimmage closed to the public and media. Cyclones are seventh in their league's preseason poll, but I'm hearing they're a strong sleeper pick to contend in the upper half. Should be a good test.

I didn't expect us 7th, but I can see why coaches picked us there when they see what we lost.

I expected us 5th. Ultimately, I'd say 2-8 is a toss up.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron